all posts post new thread

Old Forum Any good strenght gains from you guys with KB Strong?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

CClark2.0

Level 5 Valued Member
Hello,

I was wondering for those of you on the forum who have already gotten KB Strong if you have seeing some significant strength gains from the program? Also if you find either of the programs tough and does it get your heart pumping and muscles trembling?

Any replies will be helpful.

Thank You.

The STRONG program definitely made pressing the heavier bells easier for me. I started with double 20's and can now easily press 24's for multiple sets of 7-10 if wanted. Heart rate definitely gets up there

Cody,

The answer to both questions is yes. Follow it to the tee and dont add stuff and you will be pleased.

WOW. I watched most of the first DVD and read the first few chapters of the book. This is one of the best written and most detailed but easy to understand tutorials. This morning I "practiced" the double racks,Front Squats and Cleans easy peasy.Impressed. Well worth the price of admission and I have not even gotten to what I bought it for yet! (Longcycle)

Thanks for your input's guys it is greatly appriecated. Just got me copy and hopefully will be starting it next week.

Thanks again.

Cody,

Not a bad idea to get a pen and pad and take few notes during the video. I like to jot down cues and reminders I can reference during my training.  Good luck.

@MilkManX - Thanks for your kind words! That's exactly what I was going for when putting the program together.

@Geoff. Yes between your KB Strong program and the Original Strength I have never felt stronger. The tip on the Double Press with the grip is a game changer!

Is KB Strong the program that comes with More KB Muscle?

If so, I may need to grab that ASAP.

Thanks,

Jon

@Jon on the website(getkettlebellstrong.com) You can buy just KB Strong or get a package that comes with KB Strong,More KB Muscle,and another bonus workout book.

Thank you.  I just ordered the deluxe with More KB Muscle.   I'm looking forward to the adventure.

Jon

MilkManX,

Let me back up what you wrote.  I just started the 'Strong' program three weeks ago, with 12's.  This weekend I  practiced the rack a bunch of times after watching the DVD and re-reading the text.  Yesterday I was working the 16's on C&P's and wow, after zipping up the bells practically flew up.  I know I'll be using the 20's next week.

Neupert's instructions are great, very clear, immediately useful.

@Joseph Brown

Yeah I am just "playing" with the lifts right now.(DBL Cleans,Racks,Presses,FRT Squats) Have not started either program in the book. Just working on the form/technique. The press tutorial was huge for me. My 16kg feel like helium balloons right now. Going to "play" with 24kg pairs next week. :D

My eventual goals with this program is to run the "One" Program with double 32kg in Longcycle.

:)

It's awesome.  I'm working dual 24's on Military Press and Front Squats and they're beginning to feel like 16's.  I'm only half way through the "short course" right now too.  Geoff's methods are incredibly effective and they're the kind of programs I find it easy to stick with due to the dramatic jump in progress from session to session.  About this far in I usually start to think "uh oh, my conditioning/bodyfat/size/calisthenics/48kg kegel/whatever isn't where I'd like it to be, let's cycle!"  Right now I'm liking this so much I'm getting excited about coming back to it after I cycle "One" with it out of necessity for SFG prep.

Get ready to buy a lot more kettlebells because you'll find yourself in another echelon of strength entirely after even just a quick dance with the ones you own.  You'll have to put in the work, but you'll feel it from day one.

(I realize how much that sounds like a marketing ploy, I'm blitzed on my pre-workout stim and I don't work for Geoff)

@Jon - Yours shipped on the 14th. Not sure why you didn't get your notification. Will have to check w/ customer service.

@MikManX - Awesome. Excited to see what happens when you actually get into the programs.

@Connor - LOVE the "48kg kegel" quote - TOO funny! Appreciate your kind words about the program and product. Keep us in the loop with your progress please.

Also using double 24s and I'm not a huge guy (5'5 140) and I am loving the fact that the 24s are starting to feel like 20s.. good stuff indeed

Focusing on good technique works, worked out this morning and did 10 sets of 3 reps of C&P's with the 16's, so now it's on to the 20's.

I modified the STRONG program slightly, I do the cleans & presses two days a week, Sunday and Thursday, on Tuesday I do two-handed kb swings, 4 to 5 ladders of 10 to 15 reps, with a 16, 20,  22.5, and 24, active rest break, then hit the ladder again, for a break from the presses.  Working well so far.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom