all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Any new books?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

somanaut

Level 5 Valued Member
I know that there is nothing new under the sun in the strength game. And that there is a wealth of info in the SF articles. Buuut...

Sure would be nice with a new bodyweight book to go with S&S. I have most of Pavels' Dragondoor books, but something to add on to NW would be nice. In NW Pavel focus' on OAOLPU/OAPU and the Pistol Squat, he genorously allow us to also do Pull Ups (bar and doorway) but he also mentions in passing the leg raise and HSPU, recommending to do those and other bodyweight exercises 5x5 three times a week. How about a book on those other bodyweight exercises?

I haven't abandoned my kettlebells, but I am leaning more towards a bodyweight/calisthenics approach.

Maybe Strongfirst is planning on a bw book in the near future.....I don’t know but I would love to see it. I mean this stuff isn’t rocket science. If they would just put out a simple program based on their bw cert I’m sure people would buy it in droves.

I’m like you in that I haven’t put the kb’s away completely but I’ve gravitated towards bw as my main training. I started the year wanting to switch it up from S&S so I started KB Muscle but I quickly found out double KB swings and snatches were not for me or my knees. Since then I’ve been doing the Kavaldo brothers “Get Strong” program and I’m loving it.

On the off days I do different varieties of KB carries (farmers, suitcase, overhead, clean) and walk/slow run. Also incorporating “Original Strength” principles. So far this combination is enjoyable and my upper body and arms are already more defined than they were just doing S&S alone. Probably cycle this every few months with S&S for the rest of the year and see how it goes.

Last edited:
I personally would like to see a book regarding Strong Endurance standards. Once Pavel is done with his SE world tour.

Not all of us can afford to make the trip to listen to the grandmaster speak. Unless he'd like to do a presentation in Vegas or Phoenix! (y)

@somanaut
Hardstyle abs by pavel is all about abs training (includes HLR, but not only). Good complement to NW.

@somanaut
Hardstyle abs by pavel is all about abs training (includes HLR, but not only). Good complement to NW.
I just wish, that Pavel would gather all his bodyweight stuff: mobility, stretching, ab work and strength moves into one Strong First book.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom