all posts post new thread

Barbell Any older guys on easy strength?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Why both DL and Good Mornings? That seems like too much of the same movement.

The traditional deadlift has always felt more like a squat variation than an hinge to me but I know it's more of a hinge. I suck at overhead squats though so Im thinking of putting those in instead.

The traditional deadlift has always felt more like a squat variation than an hinge to me but I know it's more of a hinge.
Seems to me it depends on how you set up. I've doing cleanse which really start with low hips, very squatty deadlift. But I also do Romanian DL's and start by regular DL from the floor (don't have racks). I do that last with hips much higher and it feels mostly like a hinge.

I find OH head squats very challenging to my mobility limitations so I've been working them w/ just PVC pipe which has been doing really good things for my posture and I think, most other lifts.

Speaking of "older guys" I'm 69

I switched it up this week and will do the following for the next few weeks.

Warmup-dumbell swings (don't have kettle bells, goblet squats both until I feel warm

Deadlifts
Incline dumbbell bench
Overhead squats
Pull ups
Waiter carries and/or farmers walks

I did this Monday and eneded up feeling like I was 80 by the end of the day. Today I tried to really concentrate on form and take care of my back.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom