all posts post new thread

Off-Topic anyone dealt with candida overgrowth?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

bluejeff

Level 7 Valued Member
I wasn’t quite sure that this belonged in the diet/nutrition section....

Anyways. I discovered that (according to my functional medicine practitioner) I have some candida overgrowth that may be the root cause of some chronic allergy-like symptoms I’ve had since last October. Runny nose, sneezing, post nasal drip... very annoying. The post nasal drip has finally culminated in a cough that comes and goes. I should note that was not just an observational diagnosis; the overgrowth was discovered via stool sample.

So I met with the office nutritionist who recommended I up my dosage of anti-candida supplements, and ...... GOOD LORD does it suck. I’ve felt like I have the flu the past two days. I’m definitely going to reduce the dosage and see if that smooths things out.

Has anyone been through this, have any experience or suggestions?

No specific experience with this, @bluejeff, but I can offer that feeling like you have the flu when detoxing by whatever means is common.

-S-

What anti-candida supplements are these and what was the method used to determine candida as the root cause of your symptoms?

What anti-candida supplements are these and what was the method used to determine candida as the root cause of your symptoms?
The Dr had me submit a stool sample, which showed above/ab-normal levels of candida. So far they have been telling me that allergy/histamine reactions are often linked to candida. Google tells me much the same.... we have moved apartments, chnaged the bedding, gotten new pillows, and I have also cut out anything that could be aggravating to me (no more dairy, for example), and there was no change in allergy symptoms, so I'm also thinking it's an internal issue.

I have been taking many more supplements than I have in a long while:

Between meals:
heavy duty digestive enzyme complex (supposedly breaks down the candida biofilm and cell walls)
olive leaf extract
caplrylic acid
berberine
grapefruit seed extract

around meals:
quercitin with bromelain ( to help reduce the allergy response)
LOTS of high dose (~80billion) probiotics

If I can make room for it in my schedule (between meals and other supplements), activated charcoal to try and absorb die-off toxins.

I am currently trying to halve the dose on the "kill" supplements to see if the die-off reactions chill out.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom