all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Anyone else have trouble shopping for t-shirts?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Phil12

Level 8 Valued Member
Hi SF,

This is a bit of an odd question, but I've been trying to find t-shirts for a few weeks now and just striking out. The problem is due to training TGUs, overhead press, pullups etc I have quite a lot of meat in my upper shoulders, so t-shirts that are otherwise appropriately sized feel pretty tight to me.

Has anyone found any particular brands or sorts of shirts that are good for this? Should I just bite the bullet and go up a size and accept that they'll be floppy everywhere else?

Thanks

Wear em proudly. If that's the way they fit, show it off - you'll get used to it being a little snug as long as it isn't 100% synthetic.

My wife bought me a half zip sweater for my Bday - cardigan blend that fit a little snug, but still my size. Tried it on, walked into the room making my pecs dance "Hey, my eyes are up here, lady!"

I've always been able to make her laugh.

I guess it depends if you want to identify as a strength athlete or a bodybuilder.

Bodybuilders have always been known to have bought their shirts two sizes too small. It's my understanding that since they shave themselves it's not uncomfortable or a problem to get them on once they are oiled up. If you go this way you'll probably need to buy bikini briefs or thongs.

If you want to be a manly man then buy what ever size is comfortable. Probably should buy some flannel shirts too. Along with XL or XXL cotton sweat pants. : )

I suppose just get whatever's comfortable. The idea of valuing appearance over comfort in a t-shirt seems a little odd.

I'm also one of those guys who refuses to spend double digits on a t-shirt, so take my advice about style with a grain of salt ;)

I guess it depends if you want to identify as a strength athlete or a bodybuilder.

Bodybuilders have always been known to have bought their shirts two sizes too small. It's my understanding that since they shave themselves it's not uncomfortable or a problem to get them on once they are oiled up. If you go this way you'll probably need to buy bikini briefs or thongs.

If you want to be a manly man then buy what ever size is comfortable. Probably should buy some flannel shirts too. Along with XL or XXL cotton sweat pants. : )

Reminds me of an old joke, 'nice shirt, do they sell men's clothes too?' (Chicago humor)

Even at my skinny size, shirts and pants that fit can be a problem. The shirts hang from my shoulders and the waist in the pants is too big in everything.

However, as my mother might say, we should all have such problems. :)

-S-

If clothing is actually being made to fit an "average", then the average is underdeveloped across the shoulders, glutes and thigh and overdeveloped in the midsection. This is true of boxers, briefs, T-shirts, sweatpants even.

Having trouble finding clothes that fit nicely is a good indication of fitness! If I bought my shirts to fit loose around my shoulders I'd look like I was wearing a maternity top.

FWIW, my kids now buy nearly all of my T-shirts anyway as I can't be trusted with anything fashion related, size L across the board.I don't even get to try them on first.

However they fit is how they fit.

T-shirts aren't usually a problem for me. Dress shirts, on the other hand, are a little tricky; even my modest taters tend to stretch the buttons to breaking point.

finding the right bra becomes hard if your ipper body becomes more muscular...
but that is off topic *lol* :oops::rolleyes:o_O:eek:
go on with the men's fashion thread! (y)

But as with a fit guy and his T-shirt, these are good problems to have compared to the alternative!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom