all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Anyone into floor sleeping?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I regularly sit on the floor, and take naps on the floor, though, usually not intentionally. The rug is just so comfortable...

Really, though, preferring a very firm mattress as I do, I would love to try out the Japanese futon.

I'm just trying to do it...transitioning really as I just manage to sleep there for like an hour and then get back to bed..hopefully and eventually will end up sleeping on the floor!

I sleep on the floor always when not @ home. I sleep on the floor @ home like a half of the nights due to backaches. I use spikestrip a lot too.

I have been sleeping on the floor for over ten years now and love it! I Just recently upgraded to a japanese tatami mat and shikibuton and would recommend everyone give that a shot! Gives you just enough support and comfort.

We got rid of our couch when we moved into our new apartment....kept the cushions though. I am interested in getting rid of more furniture but my girlfriend spent a chunk of cash on a nice mattress a few years back... I don't think I can convince her to think about giving it up. At least not yet.

I would like to try sleeping on the floor though! ?

So its not that uncommon! Some pics would help here...futon, carpet + blanket, whatever! Would you take a pic of where you sleep on?
20210227_110054.jpg
that's my floor-sleeping-set up: essentially two layers of carpet and one thin blanket.
On the little cubicle you can see a role of 3M micropore tape for talking not to much while sleeping. Keeps the mouth wide shut.

We got rid of our couch when we moved into our new apartment....kept the cushions though. I am interested in getting rid of more furniture but my girlfriend spent a chunk of cash on a nice mattress a few years back... I don't think I can convince her to think about giving it up. At least not yet.

Haha...(un)fortunately my girlfriend visits me every so often, when she does I can't even offer her a couch. For the 'usefulness' of my 'bed' she is ambiguous.

Last edited:

Tell her you already sold it for $49.00. Then you will probably get some practice sleeping on the floor where the couch would have been.

View attachment 13007
that's my floor-sleeping-set up: essentially two layers of carpet and one thin blanket.
On the little cubicle you can see a role of 3M micropore tape for talking not to much while sleeping. Keeps the mouth wide shut.

Haha...(un)fortunately my girlfriend visits me every so often, when she does I can't even offer her a couch. For the 'usefulness' of my 'bed' she is ambiguous.
And the ubiquitous copy of TFTUA.... nice!

I've wondered if you "get used" to something like this. The body adapts to so many other things so it makes sense that you could.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom