all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Anyone know if Pavel Tsatsouline was himself a soldier?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Harry Westgate

Level 6 Valued Member
Certified Instructor
Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone knew if Pavel was actually a soldier/operator in Spetsnaz or any other Russian military unit himself at any point before becoming a physical trainer or if he was a civilian hired by the military as a PT (if the Russian military even do that - I think the Brits do it on occasion but still have an entire regiment composed of physical trainers)? I've looked for sources that may answer my question but haven't found anything other than a reference he makes in ETK about 'my unit' - though technically this may still just mean a unit he was attached to as a PT.

Simple curiosity, and not looking to take anything away from him at all. 'Nuff said.

Thanks in advance,

Harry

Hello, this is actually my first post to the forum.
I have wondered this myself.
My understanding is that there was a conscription for all males in the Soviet Union, and still is for some in Russia but they are trying to make the switch to all volunteer/contract. So just considering the time in which Pavel would have lived there he would have had to have served in the Red Army. Just my assumption though, I don't know for sure.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom