all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Anyone Running Kettlebell Burn Extreme Right Now?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

BrianCF

Level 7 Valued Member
Day 5 for me. I started Monday with a 42 hour fast.
So far have been compliant with the diet. portions sizes might be a tad larger, but have 95% complied with the food list.

Already lost a half inch off my navel. 36.5 inches.

Day 3 of cold showers coming up. Alternate between cold and cold/hot contrast. No tub yet. Been doing the foam rolling or deep breathing with my legs up for recovery.

Dinged my shoulder recently. For the snatches used a 35 and did 6 sets of 20,20.

Today's diet:
2 TBS of metameucil with 2 TBS each of Apple Cider Vinegar and Lemon Juice
3 egg omelet with spinach broccoli and a slice of ham
Dinner two cod filets and green beans.

Cheat day Sunday, having a dinner party. I don't drink so that won't be gnawing at me tonight or tomorrow.

Also have been walking the puppy 2x a day. 3 mile walk in morning, 1.25 mile at night. Non exertion activity

I plan to start it in up 3 weeks, I'm currently running "Strong" 2x/week with "reload" once a week and plan to do "burn extreme" next. I'm interested to hear your thoughts/experiences with the program (you'll be done with I right before I start I believe). I don't recall seeing snatches as part of the program, though I have just skimmed through it so far.

The Redux version has snatching and one hand swings. Sets of 20-25 I hated doing all the double cleans.

@ChiBill "Kettlebell Burn Extreme RELOADED" has strength days similar to the regular Extreme but alternates these with days that have high rep swings or snatches. Snatch and swing days are also alternated so you don't get too beat up with snatches. IMO the "RELOADED" version with the high rep days is better. I have not done "RELOADED" (hey, Neupert capitalizes the title, not me :) ) but I need a fat loss program so I may jump in and join @BrianCF .

2 TBS of metameucil with 2 TBS each of Apple Cider Vinegar and Lemon Juice

Sweet mother of all that is good and pure, you actually drink ACV mixed with Metamuecil? BLAH! I don't mind ACV plain. In the past I would pour some in a shot glass, say за вас, and drink up.

Just had my cold shower. I lasted 3:30. First minute was freaking miserable and I got brain freeze from rinsing shampoo out of my hair. The contrast showers feel like a treat compared to cold water. You feel good when you get out, and you can feel your body warming, but it's tough.

I remember last time I ran it is how every ache and pain disappeared.

I was told after my colonoscopy 2 years ago to take the Metameucil, it actually tastes like an orange sweet tart. You don't notice the vinegar. Though on fasting days, I dilute the ACV and Lemon Juice in water. Kills your appetite.

I've done intermittent fasting and I agree that ACV curbs the appetite. I actually like the stuff and I've noticed that during an all day fast I crave something sour. It may have something to do with drinking lots of water, which I tend to do on a fast. Water can dilute stomach acid which creates some type of imbalance. Don't know.

Costco had ACV in capsule form (it was powdered) but not as satisfying as taking a shot.

@MikeTheBear I second that it's good to see you posting again. @BrianCF I beta tested one of the variations of this program in January of 2016. It was very effective but I had a hard time adjusting to the dietary requirements. You will come out leaner and meaner for sure!

@John Grahill You actually got a mention in the book:

"John Grahill, a Beta Test subject, “only” lost 11 pounds, but he didn’t follow the nutrition program, and got a bad case of sciatica. Not bad I’d say. Wouldn’t you like to be 11 pounds leaner this time next month?"

I agree that this is pretty good having not followed the diet.

@John Grahill I ran the old one back in 2014 with Double 70's and lost almost 15 lbs. Glory days, I probably can only press them once these days. Running with 55's. I did the squats day 1 with 70's and decided 110, 140, what's the big difference?

I'll stick to the diet. Good news is things are already lined up socially this weekend, cheat day on Sunday. 2 weekends after that wife is going away with friends. No obligations of going out to dinner or having to rearrange the days. By then I'll be 3 weeks through and almost home free.

I'm already down 7-8 lbs since the fall with a so so diet just by running some complexes and not having any alcohol since early December. No real problem, just decided I didn't want it in my life anymore. Though I only miss scotch, kind of like an old flame. Some good times, but a reason you're not together.

@John Grahill I ran the old one back in 2014 with Double 70's and lost almost 15 lbs. Glory days, I probably can only press them once these days. Running with 55's. I did the squats day 1 with 70's and decided 110, 140, what's the big difference?

I'll stick to the diet. Good news is things are already lined up socially this weekend, cheat day on Sunday. 2 weekends after that wife is going away with friends. No obligations of going out to dinner or having to rearrange the days. By then I'll be 3 weeks through and almost home free.

I'm already down 7-8 lbs since the fall with a so so diet just by running some complexes and not having any alcohol since early December. No real problem, just decided I didn't want it in my life anymore. Though I only miss scotch, kind of like an old flame. Some good times, but a reason you're not together.
I hear ya on the scotch thing....I haven't had scotch since 2014 when I had a lifetime's worth in one evening! Will not do it again! Jack Daniels and/or bourbon guy ever since!
The good thing is it's only 4 weeks! The results were definitely there in my case even having the "diet difficulties" ... maybe because it was after the holidays and any "cutting back" would have helped??? The program takes advantage of the "contrasts" Geoff has written about and although a steady 6 day a week diet of them would crush me, a 4 week romp works well!

A glorious cheat day finished off with strawberry short cake at 8:45 last night. Wife and I had a Sunday afternoon dinner party. I was actually "looking forward" to fasting today. Took a hot shower yesterday, as it was a "cheat day." The cheat didn't start until 4 PM, though. More of an extended meal, as I had a healthy salad with a can of tuna for lunch and an orange for a snack.

Yes, did the cold shower today. Wasn't fun, but was tolerable for 3 minutes

Last edited:
Weigh in after day 8, in the midst of a 40 hour fast. 185.8.

The fast was mentally, surprisingly easy. Again, after all I ate on the cheat meal, I couldn't wait to get started. Currently at hour 36. Nice and steady going.

Weigh in after day 8, in the midst of a 40 hour fast. 185.8.

The fast was mentally, surprisingly easy. Again, after all I ate on the cheat meal, I couldn't wait to get started. Currently at hour 36. Nice and steady going.
Maybe I missed it, but what was your starting weight?

Good question, I didn't weigh myself after Easter dinner, decided on a whim, "we're going to sack up and do this." Started with a fast on day 1, and last Tuesday AM was 187.2 So, my guess is 191? I thought the 187.2 was a bad read. It seemed to0 low for me. I was hanging in the 190-192 range and it was probably toward 192. Usually when I fast, it's 4.4 lb. weigh loss, the next day.

I think stomach circumference around the navel is a better read. Was 36.5 inches this AM, and that was legit with the tape perpendicular to the floor. I originally thought it was 36.5, it was 37 mid last week double checking it after a couple of eating days.

Really notice it in my upper abdomen region. I'm down over 10-15 lb. from the fall and early winter. I was around 201 in October after a bad eating day.

14 days in.

Update weigh in 183.8 lbs. this AM. A day earlier than last week. Cheat day was Saturday not Sunday. 36 hours into the fast. Played golf yesterday afternoon an hour from my house made getting through the witching hours a lot easier because I didn't get home until 8:15 last night. My navel measurement on Friday it was 36.

Program going well. For the workouts, I'm auto regulating my sets, meaning, I'm not trying to chase numbers. Last few times I've tried that, I've popped my SI joint. Medium day was 36, Heavy Day 39, Easy Day 30. For snatches, I'm using a 35 doing about 240. Anything over that is going to cause elbow problems. Swings, a 55. 30 swings one hand swings are brutal on the grip.

I quit the cold therapy. We are re-doing our master bathroom and walk in shower. Used that as my excuse, but am foam rolling and sticking to it.

I'm 90% compliant with the diet. I am having a hearty handful of almonds daily, 2 TBS of metameucil and my portions are probably a little bigger than suggested. Last time I ran this, I found the no carb days to be the worst. Not having that issue right now. Fasted 3 x and have had no issues with it at all. Been going 40 hours instead of 36.

Cheat day was GLORIOUS. Had 2 doughnuts, some pineapple an orange, a couple of handfuls of Doritos and two plates of Chinese food on Saturday.

My goal weight is going to be 177. I haven't eaten any bread, or cheese. Fruit only on the cheat day. When the program completes, if I'm not at the weight yet, I'll continue to use the same eating principles except complex carbs every day instead of going no carb.

Hit the wall today. Ate a LOT of protein and veggies yesterday. No carbs. Woke up groggy after 8 1/2 hours sleep, felt like Jeb Bush, low energy, slight headache. Thought I was coming down with something. Today is heavy day for the presses and squats. Was debating the 55's for 3 or the 45's for 5 or 6. Medium day on Monday, I did not have a great workout, only 5 ladders. Decided on 55's. After warming up the back of my shoulders by stretching with a broom stick and a body squat hold for 15 seconds, got into it.

Lo and behold, weight felt light. No issues at all with the press. Had a GREAT workout as a matter of fact. Go figure. Did not count reps, my guess is 12 sets of 3. Just did the press, took a lap around my basement, did the squats. 11-12 days left.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom