all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Anyone seen this? Criticism of Pavel on Rogan by Bart Kay

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Special relativity applies here. Both views are right depending on the inertial frame of reference.?
A college professor of mine asked the class, "What is entropy?" He got a handful of answers from the class, then said, "Maybe six people in the world understand entropy. I am not one of them. What I do know is how to calculate it and use it in the design process. That's what I am going to teach you."

The flip side of that, I suppose, is that it could well be that none of those six people who understand entropy know how to use it to design a chemical production system.

I just want to buy some good anti-freeze, so the engineer is more useful to my specific needs than the scientist.

This is what this guy wants. In today's internet culture you pick a big target, talk trash and walk away. He is a flash in a pan.

Never mind Pavel. A bunch of guys have tried trading intensity for time and there is a long time answer to this....... It doesn't work. When someone tries to tell you we evolved to do work in an unnatural environment, he looses all credibility.

I have never seen/heard this guy before, but good lord.. his attitude and mannerisms give him the MOST punch-able face I have ever seen. To sit and pause a discussion like this every 5 seconds, and add your own critique, rebuttle free, is cowardly to say the least. I'm sure he knows his stuff, but his chosen persona/format makes it almost possible to care about what he says.
You have un-officially been awarded the greatest user name in the history of the SF Forum!

Welcome @TheKarmaHammer (y) ?

This is such a good post that I feel a like is not enough and I want to point it out separately.
There are multiple reaction options, including Love, which is right next to Like. (Not everything may be easy to find on mobile devices, but the options are there.)

-S-

I think we've had enough fun here. :) Thread closed, and topic closed, too, one can only hope ... :)

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom