all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Anyone tried/have opinions on 5BX?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)

PaulGy

Level 3 Valued Member
I have only just discovered this old program. I think some of the things may be frowned on these days, like the forward flexion moves, and it obviously won't give you the physique of Dorian Yates, the strength of Sandow or the endurance of a marathoner.

But as someone just looking for a bit of GPP is it a viable option as a main or sole routine?

watchnerd

Level 8 Valued Member
I have only just discovered this old program. I think some of the things may be frowned on these days, like the forward flexion moves, and it obviously won't give you the physique of Dorian Yates, the strength of Sandow or the endurance of a marathoner.

But as someone just looking for a bit of GPP is it a viable option as a main or sole routine?

This?

I'm still not sure I entirely understand the charts and progressions, but the specified exercises look pretty low key.

porter

Level 4 Valued Member
I’ve been using it for the last 14 weeks to after getting the green light from my ortho to resume training. It’s been fun with regards to ‘leveling up’ and progressing. Whole thing doesn’t take long, and it’s now becoming my warmup as i do other things.

As an example, I’ll do the first four exercises- then say squats or carries and finish with my two mile ruck/dog walk instead of running in place.

True, it won’t get us in world class shape- but for a simple free do anywhere thing I like it. And i was pleasantly surprised with my hill climbing on a regular hiking trail last month, my cardio felt strong.

PaulGy

Level 3 Valued Member
Yes Watchnerd, that is the one.

Porter, I was pished for time yesterday so thought I's have a go and started at chart 2 - I liked it and will definitely use again when time or motivation are low. I don't enjoy training/exercise (outside sport) usually but actually enjoyed it.

Top Bottom