all posts post new thread

Nutrition Anyone tried Hormone balancing/optimization?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

User 6372

Hello

Anyone try Tumeric and Ginger supplements for estrogen control and testosterone boosting?

Anyone win up feeling even worse because of it, like me? I wonder if it was because I wasn't showing any signs of estrogen dominance and just wanted to get ahead of it because I am rounding the bend on 40 (will be 39 in June).

Anyone have a negative reaction like I did?

I actually have some hormone issues that started prior to 30 and Animal products have helped it the best so far for non-prescription. I'm sure some others would help also but I haven't tried them. Mike Mahler has done quite a bit with hormone optimization and I assume his product may work well also. The doctor put me on some prescription that helped in some aspects but made others worse so I've tried a few more vitamin/mineral approaches that help improve everything, just not as dramatically. I think hormone issues can be solved with the right micronutrients in high enough quantities over time.

I actually have some hormone issues that started prior to 30 and Animal products have helped it the best so far for non-prescription. I'm sure some others would help also but I haven't tried them. Mike Mahler has done quite a bit with hormone optimization and I assume his product may work well also. The doctor put me on some prescription that helped in some aspects but made others worse so I've tried a few more vitamin/mineral approaches that help improve everything, just not as dramatically. I think hormone issues can be solved with the right micronutrients in high enough quantities over time.
It was Mahler that introduced me to the idea. I'm sure it works, just not for me. Once I got my vitamin D levels up, that made me feel a whole lot better

yep, vitamins and mineral deficiency seem to be at the root of many problems. What I like about the Animal products is they have a little of everything and are not too focused on a single ingredient that throws you out of balance.

Cholesterol is the building material for many hormones. I started to eat loads of eggs and it helped a lot. Of course I monitored my blood levels of cholesterol. Sometimes I eat 50 eggs a week. ZMA, vitamin D and dropping weight (if obese) works too. Funniest thing is that when I started to eat 5-7 egg omelets for breakfast, my weight started to go down. I'm not a doctor and I don't encourage anybody to eat eggs that much though.

Dietary cholesterol has little impact on arterial cholesterol. But yeah, I agree it is very important and misunderstood.

I'm going to try without it and if I do use it only use it on days I train.

@Steve Freides mentioned a book on another thread, "Natural Hormone Enhancement". It's an interesting book. Two things I would caution you on is that it is written by a bodybuilder and it's about 15 years old. Not sure if you'll find anything in it that you don't already know, but like I said, it's an interesting read.

There is a butcher shop in my town that has T-shirts with the saying:

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon...which is pretty close.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom