all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Anyone tried some of Pat Flynn´s workouts?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@Steve Freides you're welcome! I have a pretty little folder in my favorites that's called "Articoli StrongFirst" (StrongFirst's Articles) in which I saved all the blog entries with a program or something like them. I go back to most of them from time to time!

Gonna try some racked walks tonight for distance and see if its a tough as everybody says! :)

Depending on your core stability, it may be even tougher! :D Ever done a farmer's walk? Forget about it! The unilaterl load is greatly amplified by the tall and eccentric position of the kettlebell. It's not nearly as taxing grip wise, but on the core this thing is shattering. If you use two bells, be prepared to wobble back and forth anytime your rack fails even for just a fraction of second!

(this, at least, is my very limited experience with farmer's and rack walks)

@Frank_IT, don't forget that you can keep your own Bookmarks here on our forum. It's not for blog entries, just for forum posts, but it's very useful for when a post strikes you as a gem you'd like to be able to revisit easily. You'll see "Insert Bookmarks" at the bottom of each message window.

-S-

Sounds great! I looked for the 90-day plan but with no luck. Do you have a link?

Did you use the complexes in his free e-book?

Great that you found something you liked Steve! His does a good job, as others stated in this thread, to promote solid kettlebell stuff. He also puts forward stuff from Dan John like his Armour Bulding complex and, believe it or not, The secret service snatch test as well as his own stuff! Great man who does what he can to spread the wonderful knowledge of kettlebell training to a wide population!

I am OG :) I had his birth of a hero v2.0

Depending on your core stability, it may be even tougher! :D Ever done a farmer's walk? Forget about it! The unilaterl load is greatly amplified by the tall and eccentric position of the kettlebell. It's not nearly as taxing grip wise, but on the core this thing is shattering. If you use two bells, be prepared to wobble back and forth anytime your rack fails even for just a fraction of second!

(this, at least, is my very limited experience with farmer's and rack walks)

Well, I took a page out of Gray Cook´s book and did waiter walks until stability fatigue -> racked walks until stability fatigue -> farmer walks until stability fatigue x 3.

Certainly a new experience! Used a single bell. Waiter walks really spread through the whole body as walked, and it felt great in my shoulder girdle/scapulae. Racked walks was just hellish! :D caught me off guard and taxed the whole body! Farmers am I more used to, but after the two first walks, this time around I could clearly feel my weak areas!

I am OG :) I had his birth of a hero v2.0

Will check it out! :cool:

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom