all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Anyone tried the 30-10-30 program?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

PaulGy

Level 3 Valued Member
It's more for hypertrophy than strength, but I am wondering if it will have strength applications due to the tension involved? It's almost like isometrics, which I know Pavel thinks are a worthy modality and unfairly maligned as years have passed.

The idea is that with a given exercise you do an ultra slow negative for 30 seconds, followed immediately by 10 'proper' reps (1 second up, 2 seconds down) then follow that immediately with another 30 seconds super-slow negative (or as long as you can). Tip: 30-10-30 for Big Legs

I have hurt my back again with poor KB form chasing swing reps I had no business chasing so am having a BW phase for the time being and am thiking of running this with press-ups, Hindu squats and an ab move (probably jack-knife pushups).

@PaulGy, I recommend you read this article

and note that it is the first of a four-article series on this subject, with links to the other three at the bottom of the page. You might consider this series of articles as StrongFirst's take on a similar subject.

-S-

Specific modalities aside: slower/tempo work is great for “rehab” as well as general health, as it promotes better neuromuscular control and awareness. You might not even need to do 30 second eccentrics unless you’re after a specific adaptation.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom