all posts post new thread

Nutrition Appetite supresing tea.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Butch

Level 1 Valued Member
Hi,

Anybody tried any appetite suppressing tea that works and tastes ok?

Thanks.

All tea is great, dunno if it works for appetite, no idea. Not with cake.
Herbal teas all have various things reportedly good for this and that. From a fat loss perspective and extending a fast then green tea is a good option, water and leaves. I drink loads of tea and whilst I like the herbal stuff from time to time I favour traditional builders tea.....bog standard tea bag with milk....being a Brit, that's expected of me, after all. A good brew is one of life's must haves. A day without tea is unthinkable. Tea that doesn't taste good is coffee, isn't it? :p

Maintaining fluid intake (water, tea or whatever) will usually keep your appetite in check. If I drink more throughout the day, I'm likely to eat less and vice versa.

Hello,

The more you drink, the less you eat because your stomach is already full.

As far as tea is concerned, properties vary in function of the "color"

Green:
- relatively low oxydation of the sheets.
- lots of catechines and isoflavones so lots of anti-oxydating components, control of fat as well

Black
- long oxydation of the sheets

White
- almost no oxydation of the sheets
- more polyphenol than the green tea so even more anti-oxydating components

Oolong / blue / wulong
- medium oxydation (somewhere between black and green)
- often used to control cholesterol (such as green tea so) and fat

Pu Erh / red
- fermented tea
- often used for digestion and fat control

Basically, tea is drunk as an hot beverage (not too hot though, to keep all nutrients). So the combination of heat + nutrients give most of the time a thermogenesis to "control fat" (some say losing fat) and reduce cells oxydation

Kind regards,

Pet'

Twice a day I put great lakes collagen in my english tea (2 tbsp). It makes it a bit creamy so it seems like there is milk in there, I get my collagen for joints and the thing bloody fills me up for ages. I have to make sure I do not have them within a few hours of eating or am I not hungry.

Sorry for the silly question, but what is meant by, "oxydation of the sheets"???????????

Hello,

The more you drink, the less you eat because your stomach is already full.

As far as tea is concerned, properties vary in function of the "color"

Green:
- relatively low oxydation of the sheets.
- lots of catechines and isoflavones so lots of anti-oxydating components, control of fat as well

Black
- long oxydation of the sheets

White
- almost no oxydation of the sheets
- more polyphenol than the green tea so even more anti-oxydating components

Oolong / blue / wulong
- medium oxydation (somewhere between black and green)
- often used to control cholesterol (such as green tea so) and fat

Pu Erh / red
- fermented tea
- often used for digestion and fat control

Basically, tea is drunk as an hot beverage (not too hot though, to keep all nutrients). So the combination of heat + nutrients give most of the time a thermogenesis to "control fat" (some say losing fat) and reduce cells oxydation

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

@Michael Scott
Oh sorry ! I wanted to write leaves !

(in French, both words have the same "translation" but means different things: sheet of paper ; tree leaves)

Thanks !

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom