all posts post new thread

Nutrition Are you addicted to sugar?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
If you want sugar, have fruit.

This is good advice. I usually eat a banana or an orange and the sugar craving goes away. I tried using other non-wholesome substitutes like flavored protein bars, and noticed that I would still crave sugar.

Go find a private area and bust out some really intense exercise drills like burpees/jumping jacks or shadow boxing for about 60 seconds. After the drill you will find your cravings and feeling of bingeing will subside.

I also find that just simply walking helps distract the craving just by nature of getting out.

Also, when you combine fasting and intense exercise, you double the impact and in turn the stress.

I find that when I fast, and do more demanding workouts like DFW etc I end up eating way more at the end of the day and defeat the natural caloric restriction fasting imposes. On days I fast, I am usually just doing S&S.

When you're fasting what types of workouts do you do?

When you're fasting what types of workouts do you do?
Well, I'm a notorious program hopper to start this off. I've done all sorts of things. Generally it's Rite of Passage, convict conditioning stuff or simple and sinister. The toughest thing to do while fasting was Rite of Passage heavy days because they require so much time and effort. The cool thing about exercising while fasting though is that without fuel in the muscles, you find out truly if your strength is all terrain or anti fragile.

At one point i was so addicted to sugar. OMG! I used to drink 1 litres of it every week end and around 500 ml to 1 litre in week days making it total of approximately 2 litres per week and it was insane! I started putting on weight and got Pot belly. Consuming alot of sugar is like slow poisoning. I have given up on it completely now it really took a while to get the addiction to go away. Replaced sugary drinks with milk shake. It's been more than a month now and i feel like i have started losing all the weight that i gained.

I also get headache when I do not have a thing with sugar for a long time. And it stays for long time. So, rather I prefer not to avoid sugar in my diet.

I don't think I've ever given up sugar completely enough to experience anything like that. I'm all for the moderate approach. I just weighed my jelly beans and decided to allow myself 25g out of a 220g bag: It feels like a step towards dietary adulthood without excessive deprivation.

I've had several students that have had excellent success with Phil Maffetone's Two-Week Carbohydrate Intolerance Test. Easy to follow instructions and info on his web page.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom