all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Arm bars: static or dynamic?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

WhatWouldHulkDo

Level 8 Valued Member
To those who practice arm bars - do you do them statically (rotate the hip to the floor and just stay there for a while), or dynamically (turn to the floor then turn back up, repeat)? Both?

I've been experimenting with both lately, can't decide which I like better. Done statically, I can get a few things to relax and turn even more toward the floor. Done dynamically, I cross repeatedly through some tight spots in my shoulder, which (maybe?) will help smooth those out more.

These days, I do 5 dynamically, then on the 6th turn to the flow and just stay there.

As far as "what's my goal" with them... indestructible injury-proof shoulders.

Sometimes this, sometimes that.

Depends a bit on how tight or how stable it feels. I have found great benefit from doing a single light arm bar (12 kg) in the evening. Helps with overhead mobility the next day.

Yes. I like to turn my hips in; I also like to hold until it becomes a challenge to keep it upright and neutral. Do both!

Can't recall where I got it from (probably Flexible Steel), but I do a mix of static and dynamic. Stay static, but breath and on every exhale flex the glute to get a little deeper into the stretch.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom