all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Arm numb when running

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Tom Pintaric

Level 4 Valued Member
Hi there folks,
Has anyone felt list their arm is going numb (my left) when running...and this numbness is tied to pull-ups I have been doing...arm numbness starts at about elbow crease and tends to tingle fingers below...After running with extended arm, blow flow comes in and all is well....strange thing to occur I have t o say....
any remedies ? I have to admin didn't roll my forearms or stretched biceps ... :(

Hi there folks,
Has anyone felt list their arm is going numb (my left) when running...and this numbness is tied to pull-ups I have been doing...arm numbness starts at about elbow crease and tends to tingle fingers below...After running with extended arm, blow flow comes in and all is well....strange thing to occur I have t o say....
any remedies ? I have to admin didn't roll my forearms or stretched biceps ... :(
The usual: Seek advice from a medical professional.
Might be neck related. Someone could gently try some of the Original Strength neck exercises.

Hi there folks,
yes - not a doctor here, but my issue was related to pinched nerve resulting from poor posture and head control. I prefer the P3 "SKS" system developed by @Geoff Neupert over the OS stuff - just throwing out another option for you to look at.

+1 to seek professional help

Also, if the numbness starts only at the elbow crease, it could be a nerve entrapment somewhere between your neck and elbow/forearm.

You could look into nerve glides. Google "nerve glides" with the terms "radial, ulnar, medial." There should be a ton of info. My advice here is to do them very, very slowly and gently. If you feel tingling or pain (anything more than a mild-moderate "tension") at any point when doing nerve glides, then STOP and don't force them. I believe that is a sign of entrapment. Forcing them would be like stretching a rubber band with a point of the band glued down; no good for their structure!

Takeaway: they could be a decent diagnostic tool, but a professional will be the one to get you back to normal!

Hi there folks,
hen the arm becomes numb when running, there could be a few different factors. The heart itself can generate "pins and needles" sensations as it is working hard during exercise. In addition to this, arteries in the arm might also get constricted from high blood pressure, or the blood vessels themselves might rupture because of plaque build-up from poor diet habits (i.e., fast food).

The doctor will have to examine your symptoms closely in order to find the cause of your problem and come up with a reasonable treatment plan tailored uniquely for your condition. It may not always be serious so don't panic before consulting with a medical professional!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom