all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Armwrestling training

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Enzo

Level 1 Valued Member
Hello everyone , I do armwrestling and mabye you can help me with something , I've read some of Pavel Tsatsouline's books , and I don't know how to emluate the routines I learned from the books in armwrestling , mabye you can help me . I need to get stronger in pulling and pushing . I need to do pullups , bicep curls , hammer curls , supination , pronation , bench press , shoulder press , tricep pushdown and various wrist and forearm exercises . What I have read is mostly about the main lifts ( squat , deadlift etc . ) . When I try to apply to armwrestling I notice that there are to many exercises and a lot of them put a strain on the same muscle group . I don't know how to apply what I read for what I need .... how to split them , how many sets and reps , how many times a week etc . I would really apreciate if someone can explain this to me , sorry for my bad english .

Hello everyone , I do armwrestling and mabye you can help me with something , I've read some of Pavel Tsatsouline's books , and I don't know how to emluate the routines I learned from the books in armwrestling , mabye you can help me . I need to get stronger in pulling and pushing . I need to do pullups , bicep curls , hammer curls , supination , pronation , bench press , shoulder press , tricep pushdown and various wrist and forearm exercises . What I have read is mostly about the main lifts ( squat , deadlift etc . ) . When I try to apply to armwrestling I notice that there are to many exercises and a lot of them put a strain on the same muscle group . I don't know how to apply what I read for what I need .... how to split them , how many sets and reps , how many times a week etc . I would really apreciate if someone can explain this to me , sorry for my bad english .
Are you planning on competing in arm wrestling? If so what is your current weight class and goal weight class?

Are you planning on competing in arm wrestling? If so what is your current weight class and goal weight class?
Yes I want to compete , my weight is 85 kg , I don't have a goal class , I think 80 kg or 85 kg ( my height is 169 cm )

Hello,

I just stumbled accross this

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hi , thanks for your answer , It's a good exercise but I am looking for a good strength method / program that fits armwrestling in general without overtraining the biceps and forearms because I need to work them a lot in different angles

Yes I want to compete , my weight is 85 kg , I don't have a goal class , I think 80 kg or 85 kg ( my height is 169 cm )
How lean are you right now? What is your upper arm and fore arm measurements? What is your current strict curl 1RM?

How lean are you right now? What is your upper arm and fore arm measurements? What is your current strict curl 1RM?
Can barely see my abs , biceps 47 cm and forearm 36 cm , 80 kg strict curl 1RM last year ... I tried it again not long ago and couldn't do it ....this is one of the reasons I want a good strength method ..... I want to get stronger and then maintain the gains

Can barely see my abs , biceps 47 cm and forearm 36 cm , 80 kg strict curl 1RM last year ... I tried it again not long ago and couldn't do it ....this is one of the reasons I want a good strength method ..... I want to get stronger and then maintain.
Solid measurements there. Strict curl at bodyweight is a good starting point for an arm wrestler too. Which you are close to.

Seems to me like a 4 times a week system for strength training would be best for your goals. Focusing on general strength and size right now until you have maxed out your current weight class or moved up to the next weight class.

Why 4 days a week? Mirrors what a lot of other successful arm wrestlers do. 2 sessions dedicated to their arms a week, 2 sessions focused on upper body (where arms are used but are not the emphasis).

This will be your GPP. Your general physical preparedness.

As you get closer to your competition you will start shifting your strength work away from general strength and hypertrophy work to working on side pressure strength and other forms of strength specific to your play style. This is your SPP. Your specific physical preparedness.

How often are you getting to spa? Are you enhanced?

Thanks a lot for your answer . I will do this .
I never went to spa and I never used anything besides supplements .

Thanks a lot for your answer . I will do this .
I never went to spa and I never used anything besides supplements .
Roger that. The competitive arm wrestling scene is stacked with enhanced competitors. So remember that going in and do not be disheartened by it.

Voice of Arm Wrestling has a lot of good content on YouTube.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom