all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Army Preparation : Strength, Mobility, Endurance and stress

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
But it's doable. It only depends on your current level. How fast can you run 1k at the moment?

@songjun94- Check out the TSC prep programs as well as the SFG1 prep program written about by @Anna C. I think the SFG1 prep will be a little better as it covers endurance as well as strength and it affords you time to work in running, sprinting or rucking.

First, I have to meet the standards for Running (2k), push ups and sit ups (90+ in 2 min).
Second, I have to pre-hab and rehab my entire body to endure stressing military training (and not that intelligent I guess).
Third, I have to be stronger

How should I orient my training program?

I am also "injured" since a bad torticolis tighten up my rhomboids and traps a few weeks ago.

Seongjun

Hello Seongjun!

As the others said... Deal with the injury first.

What are your current physical standards (push up, sit up, run etc)?

Hello Seongjun!

As the others said... Deal with the injury first.

What are your current physical standards (push up, sit up, run etc)?
I am at 20-25 push ups, did not tested sit ups and running yet. I can do 10 strict pull ups (7 chest to bars)

Awesome - I think it's good to assess what you are strong at and not so strong at - so you can prioritise the practice of those movements you need to get better at.

Once you pass the test will you have different physical requirements for the training that follows?

Awesome - I think it's good to assess what you are strong at and not so strong at - so you can prioritise the practice of those movements you need to get better at.

Once you pass the test will you have different physical requirements for the training that follows?

I guess it will be even harder haha
I currently have not a lot of information on the following training... Lot of running for sure but not more..

Running and the army go together like gin and tonic. Leastwise that was my experience from way back in the day...

Thank you sir for your help ! :)
So true.

A good base of running 4-5 times per week, built up gradually with sensible strength/strength endurance training and mobility work will be the ticket.

Gain all knowledge you can about the selection process and training thereafter... try to get the mental advantage by knowing what the trainers/ staff are looking for - if there are specific exercises to be tested in training you can add them in progressively to your training....

Most of all... what ever your plan keep it simple, save your mental energy for your studies and more important things etc.

So true.

A good base of running 4-5 times per week, built up gradually with sensible strength/strength endurance training and mobility work will be the ticket.

Gain all knowledge you can about the selection process and training thereafter... try to get the mental advantage by knowing what the trainers/ staff are looking for - if there are specific exercises to be tested in training you can add them in progressively to your training....

Most of all... what ever your plan keep it simple, save your mental energy for your studies and more important things etc.

Just saw this answer !

Thank you very much !! :)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom