all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Arnold Strongman Classic 2017

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
The homepage seems to be down, so for everyone interested in watching:

Thank you so much for the link to the live stream. I though FloElite had exclusive rights to The Arnold Strongman Classic. Much appreciated.

I wish they would get rid of the Yoke. It messed up a few of them. They already have a carry.

I like Lalas a lot. He is only 5'10" and as wide as he is tall. Awesome. I noticed Big Z there to support him.

It's too bad Martins Licis tore his right trap just before the contest. He would have made a good showing. If he can stay relatively injury free he could be great, but so many make a big entrance in Strongman, never to be heard from again.

I don't like how the amature winner gets a spot. They really throw them into the deep end to zero every event. Zach Hadge is strong, but not top ten in the world.

The heaviest Atlas Stone series ever at the Arnold Australia. 160, 170, 180, 200, 220kg Stones, amazing stuff. They also did a 380kg Frame Carry for 15m, without straps. You can watch the contest footage on YouTube. Brian Shaw blew away his competition just two weeks after the Arnold Classic Strongman.

At men's Arnold Classic Amature Strongman they did a Keg Carry and Press. This is a unique event I have never seen or tried. They carried a Keg 20', cleaned and pressed, 20' carry, and clean and Press for reps. Mixed Grip Carry and Press would be most efficient, but Bottoms Up more difficult.

A few sets of that and some Deadlifts sounds like a quick, challenging practice to me.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom