all posts post new thread

Bodyweight ARTICLES

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Karen Smith

Level 6 Valued Member
Master Certified Instructor
Elite Certified Instructor
Iron Maiden
Hi Bodyweight Forum Enthusiast and Instructors/Coaches.

Hope you are all doing wonderful. I wanted to stop by and ask what you all are interested in reading. I am adding to my list of articles to getting writing and catch up on some deadlines.

Look forward to hearing from you all here.

Happy Friday.
Karen Smith

Would love to see a focussed article on the hollow position and how it applies to body weight and even non-body weight exercises.

Yes, and @Karen Smith Adding to hollow position, I remember how you taught "clearing hollow" in between exercises. The better I get at working hollow, the more I appreciate that aspect. As you said, "you don't want to live in hollow."

Not sure it's in the SFB curiculum but something around use of olympic rings would be interesting.

Also dips - again might not be in the SFB wheelehouse.

I'm interested in jumping. It's a really fundamental movement and about the most powerful movement a human can do. There's a lot of bits and pieces about it around training but I'd like to read a comprehensive piece about it.

A Manna breakdown would be most welcome. We have the Pike portion pretty much covered with the HLR series, but I'm at a loss for progressions on the required shoulder extension.

I would love to see some elaboration on the subtleties of trunk, rib and pelvic position during the HLR regressions

wow - thank you guys.
This give me tons to add to my list.

What about some articles for newbies? Things like, what to start out with, maybe a short routine or two to whet the appetites of those looking to supplement their current routine, or even switch altogether? I know many in here already know loads about BW exercises, but some of us don't. For example, the SLDL was completely foreign to me. After seeing @Karen Smith perform them in a video, I understood them more.

I guess, to me, there is more reading for S&S than BW work. I know the concept is simple, but some guidance from those more experienced might be helpful.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom