all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Attacked for deadlifting

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Glen

Level 6 Valued Member

Attacked as another gym user thought he was too loud - thought he was virtually Ninja like in the amount of disturbance whilst deadlift!

Attacked as another gym user thought he was too loud - thought he was virtually Ninja like in the amount of disturbance whilst deadlift!

Hmm.. there's probably more to this story, very strange though

Quite possibly - either way it's a extreme reaction to kick the bar as his lifting

Roid rage, bad day, dog died, personal animosity, cheating spouse, hates teenagers, hungover... who can say, but to stop him mid lift by actually pushing down on the bar with his foot was stupid and dangerous. He's lucky the kid didn't suffer a back injury. Looking at the video again it seems these two have had words before.

On top of that it would seem this guy kicking him out would have to be the owner of the place. Dunno but I've never seen anything like it and I've been around a lot of roid monsters in the past..

I was once told that I couldn't dead lift at a Gold's Gym in Seattle because it intimidated other people. It was infuriating, but nothing like this.

The gym employee/owner will be lucky if he isn't charged with Assault. He could have really hurt that kid.

I was once told that I couldn't dead lift at a Gold's Gym in Seattle because it intimidated other people. It was infuriating, but nothing like this.

The gym employee/owner will be lucky if he isn't charged with Assault. He could have really hurt that kid.

Supposedly this wasn't an employee but another gym user?

It's up to gyms what they allow and what they don't - those that appeal stay in business but this was terrible - poor kid could have been badly hurt

The push certainly is assault? Matbe that was a bearing bar?

A commercial bearing bar should be able to handle 300 odd lbs onto mats - looking at the gyms instagram account (it's getting so much online abuse) they have images of people deadlift so does make me think there's something else occuring

At the YMCA I go too I have overheard many people mention “meat heads” or “idiots “ dropping weights and making “too much” noise.

They have platforms and kilo bumpers. It’s an athletic training facility. Go to Globogym or a Chrome and Fen Spa Club and walk on a treadmill and your do side laterals. Why do I see so many side laterals with cables?

Most people hate to see any meaningful work done. Crabs in a bucket trying to pull everyone down to their level. I love to see someone kicking a#@ in the gym. It’s the bad lifting, which there is a lot of, that makes me want to go ask someone to stop.

Last edited:
At the YMCA I go too I have overheard many people mention “meat heads” or “idiots “ dropping weights and making “too much” noise.

They have platforms and kilo bumpers. It’s an athletic training facility. Go to Globogym or a Chrome and Fen Spa Club and walk on a treadmill and your do side laterals. Why do I see so many side laterals with cables?

Most people hate to see any meaningful work done. Crabs in a bucket trying to pull everyone down to their level. I love to see someone kicking a#@ in the gym. It’s the bar lift, which there is a lot of, that makes me want to go ask someone to stop.

Just makes me glad for home gyms - lift what,how and where you want. Having said that my upstairs neighbour complains when I drop heavy cleans!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom