all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Attending First StrongFirst Certification Bodyweight Cert on Feb 23rd

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Aswilli4

Level 5 Valued Member
Hello All,

I will be attending my first Strongfirst Certification (Bodyweight) this upcoming February. I have read through Cert Page and looked over the forum but just curious if I could receive any tips from Veterans who have attended the Cert before? Obviously I need to be practicing the foundational bodyweight skills and will probably be re reading the Naked Warrior,but just wanted to see if anyone out there had any other preparation advice or any knowledge they wish they would have known before going in there. I just want to be as prepared as possible. Thanks in advance!

It would be helpful to have a coach go through all the lifts with you. The cert weekend is a great learning experience, but it helps to go in with a solid foundation of the pre-requisite skills. I wish I had done this for the handstand pushup, which I had almost never done prior to the weekend.

My thoughts after I passed the SFB last year:
"I would advise most candidates to really own the one arm two legs version, with all the tightness where it should be, because then, lifting one leg is not such a big deal. But if the two legs version is not proper enough, then the OAOLPU will be crappy."

Read the Naked warrior. Then read it again.
Apply all the drills to generate maximum tension in the OAP, one by one. Grease the groove with OAP, and if you can, an occasional OAOLPU. Don't overdo the OAOLPU, though. See my comment above.
Remember, it is about generating tension properly to be able to do a OAOLPU, not really about doing a OAOLPU.

Relax, have fun, learn. Treat it like a practice session, come in fresh so you're ready to soak up the info. Obviously it would be great to hit the skills on the spot, but you have 6 months do get it done. If you don't get it there, you will definitely be given all the tools to do so.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom