all posts post new thread

Old Forum Australia StrongFirst community !!!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

kris

Level 3 Valued Member
This is wonderful !
This is the first time in two years...
Jason began to post yesterday, we are in the same state, and surprise !
This morning, more post from Quensland.
This is the time we are ready to share your knowledges, experiences...
Very, very knew in Down Under, and a very good beginning !!!
Waiting for more an news posts, we are free again to communicate ! Great !!!
Waiting to hear from you's

Thanks for putting this post up, Christine! Yes, it is exciting to see there are a few of us here who can communicate and enjoy a sense of community in the country at the end of the world. We're gonna make it happen here in Queensland.

Glad to see that there is a community growing over there. I just got my RKC at the recent one held in Melbourne, perhaps during my next visit I can visit you guys :)

That would be great, Mark! I wish I could have made Melbourne, but I moved here right before and didn't have time to get up to speed. Hoping to get enough people here to have a cert here in Queensland. I have one classmate that will probably do it with me, and working on some others.

I will ask in class today, as Alan seems to know most certified trainers here in Oz. Heading to gym shortly, so I'll get back to you later.

rambodoc, no luck on a Sydney SFG yet, just Melbourne, but we're looking into it further for you.

Bill, Melbourne IS NOT anymore the center of Hardstyle Kettlebell Training, sorry Samuel, you are the only exeption, and yes, if you are in Melbourne, you can trust in Sam training sessions, he learnt from Pavel and is SFGI Certified.
Just a reminder, Hardstyle Kettlebell is from Pavel. Not easy in Australia, but better to learn from the best, doesn't matter if it is longer.
I would like to learn how to use this kettlebells properly, for my training, but went to USA, not really to get certified, but I was very curious, used to dream at looking Internet.
And, you can trust me, this 3 days were magics, my best week-end last year.
Very important to look overseas, and how knowledgeable, friendly and helpful are all Pavel Team.
Not the same atmosphere in Australia, may be this is going to be possible...
I believe that all SF have to attend any workshop or certification in USA, and it is a wonderful goal.
I am very optimistic, and sure will have next year ( soon ! ) workshops organize in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne ? And Perth of course, same as all Fitness providers in Australia.
Just back home tonight, so, a little bit late, but STRONG Merry Christmas.
Christine

As has been observed, there aren't currently any SFG trainers in Sydney. However, if we look at RKCs, I've not met Huon Feitscher, but I know he got his RKC a while ago and I think he may have even been an assistant instructor at a couple, so I think he's pretty good.

I certainly hope we can spread the SFG community here, but I think it's going to be a long, tough, fight. Having seen Andrew Read try to get the RKC going down under, I know that Australia is a bit isolated and behind the times (so to speak). And with his decision to stay with DD, it seems that the majority of the hardstyle kettlebell community is simply following his lead rather than thinking for themselves. In fact, I know that most of them don't even tap into the online communities at all, and probably many are not even aware of the split. So it's not going to be easy, and it's not going to be quick, but hopefully over time we can spread the word.

Sam, yes, this is not going to be easy, but this is the very first time, Australian are posting, this is very new. And until today, we all have the same goal, so, I am quite optimistic.
I don't trust people here are blind, but this is today the only way to get certified. It is a kind of emergency, we need to have a leader and workshops and certifications very quick.
Hope Nikki, Marc or Pavel are going to read this post.
See you, Sam and happy new year

In Sydney, Petra Feitscher is RKCII, and got her certification in Europe. I was in touch with her a couple of months ago. She is a very nice person, and she is
RKC II, without any " help !!!" from Melbourne, so I believe she is also a good instructor, and I am quite sure she don't really mind, DD or SF.
I look forward to met her soon, She can help.

I am aware of the lack of central leadership for SFG here, and us in Brisbane are taking it very seriously. Alan will be certifying for SFGII as soon as they announce a schedule. Worst case, he will get an RKCII just to have the cert until SFG can get things rolling. Piers will be doing the same. I have offered to Nikki to assist with accommodations here in Brisbane for an SFG instructor if that will help. We have 2 definite cert. candidates (including myself), and more on the fence I think we can get commitment from. I've also asked how may they need in order to consider making the trip. We're ramping things up here in a couple weeks, which will get some attention for Hardstyle & SFG.

I think Melbourne SFG's may have a bit of a tougher go because Andrew is there, but it really comes down to the people. Melbourne is a big city and at the end of the day, people generally will follow those they enjoy being around. Andrew will get his, and others will get theirs, based on personality, training style, and several other factors. I'm personally optimistic about things here in Oz. It isn't saturated, which means there is a lot of opportunity. An educated sale to be sure, which is always a challenge, but also a pretty "fresh start".

Hi everyone,

I'm a new subscriber, have been training with kettlebells for a few years now, I was going to attend the recent RKC in Melbourne however when I heard Pavel had split from DD I decided to hold off and see what was waiting just around the corner.

I will throw my name in the hat that if a Cert is going to be run in Australia I will attend as long as it doesn't interfere with uni exams. If not I will look at hopping over to the U.S at some point to get certified over there.

Also congratulations to Pavel and everyone else involved in starting StrongFirst. I'm sure this is going to be the start of something big.

greetings Hayden too bad you didn't get to attend I would have been honored to have met you

Well done, Hayden, good choice. I wrote this post, ( and I am not Australian, by the way ) and couldn't expect so many answer, this is very interresting.
Yes, I couldn't explain why Australians were no posting. I know why now, of course...
No panic for certifications, Pavel, Mark and Nikki wrote, soon. SO SOON.
The main goal is to be stronger and stronger, so better to have a little bit of time and try to work on techniques, a lot of " details " , but details are very importants, and the more you learn, the more you train,you pass the first certification, and this is when I really realized, the RKC/ SFG, is not the end of your studies, just the beginning, and this is why this training is wonderful, you can learn all your life...

I am located in Sydney.  While I am a HKC, I have all the training of the RKC but just not the certification to show for it...

Hi Tania, happy to read your post, we all did the same, are you ready ? Yes, so book the first Strongfirst certification in Usa, fly, and come back with your certification.
Best of luck !

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom