all posts post new thread

Old Forum Australia StrongFirst community !!!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hi, another Sydney sider here.  Just a kettlebell enthusiast, not a professional trainer.  At this stage not planning to do a cert but have to say if the SFG came to Australia would be very tempted ..

Andrew P - I am most intrigued to see you on here as I came to one of your sessions at Alexandria Park a few months ago.  At the time you seemed very much a GS style practitioner - are you doing some hardstyle now ?

Donna

Good morning from Cottesloe,
Thanks Donna, 20 !!!
Hi Bill and Allan,
BBQ fat free ???

Hey guys, I am brissie based but i travel a little bit for work at the moment.
I know myself and a mate would been keen as to get certified SFG. i could probably get 1 or 2 more as well.

when i am in brissie i am normally in east brisbane.... but will try and see if i can make it over to milton. its only a 15 min drive.

I train half pavel style, half sonnon style. i think they are both Brilliant!!!! couldnt care about politics and anyone elses opinion. they both kick butt and both can walk the walk!!

we need a SFG Cert in Australia!!! its just way too expensive to go to the states!! flights, hotels, training, vegas............ ;)

Hi Gray,
I agree, no politics in sports.
I agree, Vegas could be expensive, but not too bad if you fly United in low season.
Anyway, better to check your technique before with Allan in Brisbane.

So the latest from Nikki is that we WILL have an SFG cert here in Australia. We'll be looking for some kind of idea as to when in a few weeks. There is an RKC I in Melbourne in July, but if you certify there, it will NOT be honoured by SF. I verified that this morning. No certification obtained after Pavel's last DD event in June will be honoured at SF. This is as it should be.

So if anyone is up for it with me, 3 of us will begin certification prep as soon as the challenge is over.  Not that we aren't working hard already, but for myself I know I will begin an intentional, tracked, regimented program designed to over-prepare for certification.

Gray, we've got some others that travel as well, so we'd love to have you whenever you are in town. It really is a fun group. Contact Al at alan@hardstylesc.com.au or myself at ideaman68@gmail.com if you're interested or have any questions.

Hey guys - like Al - I am contactable on FB either https://www.facebook.com/tania.poletti.3 or here https://www.facebook.com/pages/PT-me-Personalised-Training/124566264830.  You can also PM me at poletti@tpg.com.au.  Sydney based :)

Add another follower from Sydney. I haven't been certified, but have been following Pavel's work since PTTP came out. I'm in the process of starting an MMA gym at the moment, so if there are any certifications happening in Sydney I'll be all over it.

Allan,
I confirm, any certification run after end of June are not going to be recognize by SF.
I am not 100 % sure, but, every certifications run before July, are not recognize if run by Senior or Master promote by John Du cane, is this correct ?

ARH,
I honestly thing that the first SF workshop and certification must be run where it is possible, because of logistic organization.
I live in WA, and will love to have a certification here of course.
But, I am ready to fly to the east cost, I don't really mind where but I think today, the best place is Brisbane, because of this logistic organization.
Perth to Brisbane is around 5 hours, Sydney to Brisbane, 1 hour...
I just feel a luck to have anything from SF, this year, and will fly where the workshop is run.

Hey all in Oz, thought I would share some progress and throw out an idea for all SFG's.

We're getting things moving quite nicely here in Brissy. We've got a great challenge going right now with about 13 people who are all seeing very nice results. Many have stated their intentions to stay on with the training, which is great news! We'll be running more challenges through the year, along with some other programs. After this particular one is over, we're starting a kettlebell muscle cycle. The good and bad is that we are out-growing the space we sublet from another gym! I'm pounding pavement now to find another space, or ideally, get a couple others to sublet from us, as we have a fantastic spot picked out right next door to where we are. Phenomenal foot traffic, so great opportunity for brand exposure... ours AND Strong First, as we really are pushing that here. Thanks to all who ordered gear. Its on its way!

SFG's... I'd like to propose something. Alan and I will reach out to all we have contact information for as well, but I don't want to miss anyone, so if you are one or know of one, PLEASE contact me.  I want to put together a meeting/training day here in Brisbane for all SFG's and those still on the fence as to whether to stick with DD or jump in with this enthusiastic SF crowd here. My thought is a good hard workout and some sharing of ideas, evaluating one another if desired, etc. Then have a meeting over a meal to discuss how we can all help one another in doing whatever each of us is doing, and also contribute to the proliferation of this wonderful community and brand... Strong First. Definitely something where everyone "checks the ego at the door" and comes in with a spirit of camaraderie. The way I see it, whatever we do for "the party" we do for ourselves.

Please get back to me with your interest. At the minimum, those in and around Brisbane will attend, but we really would like to welcome all. I know this seems to be the largest concentration of SFG's and those planning to cert, which is why I propose our wonderful city. Nobody can say for sure where any of it is headed, but if nothing else, I think it will be a fun day with some great company!

Lets hear from you, what do you think ladies and gentlemen?

I'm super keen for StrongFirst to do well here and will help anyone who needs it. If you want any input let me know.  My email is piers@qldkettlebells.com and I'm on Facebook as well. Lets make this happen.

Same as Piers, but in Western-Australia, happy to help.
Mobile : 04 47 272 221

Reviving this old thread - only found it thanks to google search - re a post from Bill Savage in this thread

http://www.strongfirst.com/forums/topic/out-of-curiosity-what-was-pass-rate-at-the-first-cert/

Is it confirmed there's an Aus cert in November ??

Donna,
Marc Toomey wrote : an agreement has been sign for SF certifications in Australia.
So will have more information very soon, I guess.
Certification this year for sure, don't know when and where.

Hi Christine - Thank you, I did see that note from Mark Toomey when he posted it a little while back.

However I read Bill's much more recent post in that thread I linked to say that he is doing a cert in November.   So hoping Bill can chime in here and clarify - do you know something we don't about an Aus cert in Nov Bill ?   Thanks in advance.

G'day,
No officials news, waiting at Marc post, already certified, I would like to attend and PT sessions, to check my technique. Training alone can lead to bad habits. Hope we will have something at the end of the year...
Where are you, East or West coast ?
Are you working in the Fitness Industry ?
Are you ready for the certification ?

Hi Christine - I am east coast (Sydney) . Not working in fitness industry - an IT geek just doing this for fun ?!? definitely wouldn't be ready for a cert tomorrow but reckon I could give being ready for Nov a good shot with a lot of help.      Plan A is to enlist services of Petra and/or Huon Feitscher who are the top notch people in Sydney from what I know.   This is assuming they will help even though they are staying affiliated with DD.  If not, plan B which I don't know yet.

Hi Mark/everyone - no not been in touch with Tim Almond, in fact had never heard of him.  So as google is my best friend, went <del>stalking</del> searching.  According to his website there is a Strongfirst kettlebell course (not cert, course) at his place in Perth on May 11 being taken by Shaun Cairns.  Not shown in the list of courses on this website.   So fyi if anyone is interested.  www.kettlebellsperth.com.au

Donna, why don't you fly to Brisbane to train with Allan, Bill and Piers ?
We are following Pavel since 2010, with Samuel in Melbourne and I live in Perth.
We did the first course together, in Brisbane, they are very organized and enthusiastic, and you must have your technique checked.

Donna,

if you can attend that course, go for it. Shaun Cairns was my team leader at my RKC. Tim Almond and I were on the same team and he's a real swell guy

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom