all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Avoid "failure" with kettlebell military presses

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Smile-n-Nod

Level 5 Valued Member
We're often told not to work till failure while exercising: "If you work to failure, your body will remember failure. [Denzel Allen]".

When I perform military presses, does that mean I should stop just before I cannot physical complete a rep, or when I'm beginning to have difficulty completing reps? How do I know when to quit?

When I perform military presses, does that mean I should stop just before I cannot physical complete a rep, or when I'm beginning to have difficulty completing reps? How do I know when to quit?
A sure indicator is rep speed. When the lift slows down without compromising form there is a pointer. The next rep would be a grind, the next pointer. And then...

We're often told not to work till failure while exercising: "If you work to failure, your body will remember failure. [Denzel Allen]".

I stop when I'm surprised I got that last rep.

From time to time on lifts that are safe to do so, I will also go to total, gravity wins failure. This gives me a reset of what I aught to be shooting for. Sometimes it is several reps more than I had supposed.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom