all posts post new thread

Barbell Back squat form 135lbs

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

grimmhue

Level 2 Valued Member

I’ve noticed that there is a small amount of butt wink at the very bottom of the movement. Is that going to be a problem for my lower back health? I’m feeling something (not sure if pain and not sure if from squatting) at the area right above my butt crack.

Looks great, @grimmhue ! I don't see any butt wink of any concern. Your form is solid. What you're feeling might just be normal stress from a new movement. Do you have a program to guide your volume and progression?

The only thing that caught my eye was your breathing. Can't quite tell if you're using the breath to help your lift. Most people breathe in and brace, holding the breath, to do the rep.

I’m feeling something (not sure if pain and not sure if from squatting) at the area right above my butt crack.

I'm with @Anna C -- I didn't see any butt wink.

You may just be feeling your spinal erectors getting a little fatigued, which is normal when you're new to squatting.

Yep good enough on my end too . Perhaps try exploring different stance widths and find the one which makes you feel most comfortable and confident

What rep scheme are you using?

Yes, remember that when you are already using your emergency breathing muscles, your diaphragm isn't being used optimally

@grimmhue, welcome to the StrongFirst forum.

small amount of butt wink at the very bottom of the movement.
Don't worry about that. Please post another video each time you add 40-50 lbs to the bar - that will make a difference.

Great if someone could post a link to that recent thread in which we were discussing lumbar movement during heavy lifts.

-S-

Great if someone could post a link to that recent thread in which we were discussing lumbar movement during heavy lifts.
This one I think

I don’t know why, but sometimes I would feel back pain. It isn’t sharp pain, but it would last 10 to 20 seconds at a time. They usually happen in clusters, maybe 3 to 4 times on squat days.

I don’t know why, but sometimes I would feel back pain. It isn’t sharp pain, but it would last 10 to 20 seconds at a time. They usually happen in clusters, maybe 3 to 4 times on squat days.
I'd like you to do these as part of your warmup

SF hip flexor stretch
Deadbugs

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom