all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Backpack for Rucking as part of SFG1 prep

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@coolrunnings
Like offwidth says, sandbag with filler material (cheap sand from any home improvement store works best for me, but you can use whatever is available)

I normally for now load it up to 25kg (my normal "medium-for-long-duration" weight), then play around with diving weights based on if I go short quick and heavy, and what I feel like.

I had it loaded to 40 or so kg and it absolutely is strong and comfortable at that weight even.
Note I will not likely go ever above that for any kind of duration, but the pack itself can probably handle higher weights also, but it then depends on how compact your weight is (i had a 25kg sandbag plus a 16kg kb in it and they fit easily stacked above each other. A 24 or maybe even a 32 would probably have been fine also)

Note the pack has lots of tie-down options, so even if it is not full you can tie it down properly and minimize movement. In general though you want a smooth and rather voluminous weight if you go heavy for long, as that will be a lot more comfortable than oddly shaped weights (KBs tend to be on the uncomfortable side if packed at the bottom next tu your lower back)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom