all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Band assisted ab wheel rollout

Kenny Croxdale

Level 6 Valued Member
Figured I'd post this here for those who are working up to their first full standing rollout. One of the ways is to use a band to aid you .

Reverse Band Ab Wheel Loading

Yes, this is method assist decreasing the loading in a Standing or Kneeling Ab Wheel Roll Out.

Band Loaded Ab Wheel Loading

This assist with increases the Resistance Loading in a Standing or Kneeling Ab Wheel Roll Out.

Ascending Strength Curve

One of the primary benefits with Ascending Strength Curve Exercise, like the Ab Wheel Roll Out, it allows a greater Overload on the muscle in the movement through a greater range.

Razor Curl Ab Wheel Movement

One of the most effective Hamstring Exercises is a Razor Curl. It is usually preformed on a Glute-Ham Bench.

However, the Razor Curl can be performed with an Ab Roller, as demonstrated in the video above.

Last edited:

Lotto

Level 5 Valued Member
I've been using band assistance on the ab wheel recently. I tie it off to my pull up bar, have it round my waist and roll out from vertical standing. As well as the assistance I feel it helps my technique.

Mark Limbaga

Level 8 Valued Member
Elite Certified Instructor
I've been using band assistance on the ab wheel recently. I tie it off to my pull up bar, have it round my waist and roll out from vertical standing. As well as the assistance I feel it helps my technique.
That's what I would recommend if you have access to a pullup bar or any bar or object you can loop the bar around which is hanging from above you..

When that is not an option, that's what the vid I posted is for

Lotto

Level 5 Valued Member
When that is not an option, that's what the vid I posted is for
Great option/variation. Thank you for sharing. For a very cheap piece of exercise equipment, value for money is outstanding. I am using it 4 times a week and for approximately 6 weeks now. I feel there is definite strength and coordination gains in my trunk. Hopefully it will assist me in getting good reps of hanging left raises from Hardstlye Abs.

bluejeff

Level 6 Valued Member
One of the most effective Hamstring Exercises is a Razor Curl. It is usually preformed on a Glute-Ham Bench.

However, the Razor Curl can be performed with an Ab Roller, as demonstrated in the video above.
I don't have an ab wheel, but I might have to adopt/adapt this using a rag on a smooth floor...

Top Bottom