all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Banded Pushups or Incline Pushups

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

User 6372

Hello all,

Looking to up my pushup game. Just wondering what is more effective in your learned opinions, banded Pushups or Incline? And why?

Thanks in advance

Hello all,

Looking to up my pushup game. Just wondering what is more effective in your learned opinions, banded Pushups or Incline? And why?

Thanks in advance
I don't enjoy banded pushups much. Apart from being uncomfortable, they only really increase the difficulty of the lockout. A weighted vest is another option

I don't enjoy banded pushups much. Apart from being uncomfortable, they only really increase the difficulty of the lockout. A weighted vest is another option

Personally, I DO enjoy banded pushups. They don't feel uncomfortable to me and the standard Jump-Stretch style band is a good length for me. The tension kicks in pretty close to the bottom and as it ramps up I find it complements the strength curve of the pushup itself in a way that feels good. With a challenging size band, you have to get tight and ramp up your effort right from the bottom in order to be able to power through the lockout.

It just shows that people have individual preferences (if that isn't obvious), and I am a big advocate of doing things you enjoy in your training and avoiding things you don't -- even when it comes to things I know I NEED to do but aren't my favorite, there are usually alternatives or variations that I like much better than others.

Personally, I DO enjoy banded pushups. They don't feel uncomfortable to me and the standard Jump-Stretch style band is a good length for me. The tension kicks in pretty close to the bottom and as it ramps up I find it complements the strength curve of the pushup itself in a way that feels good. With a challenging size band, you have to get tight and ramp up your effort right from the bottom in order to be able to power through the lockout.

It just shows that people have individual preferences (if that isn't obvious), and I am a big advocate of doing things you enjoy in your training and avoiding things you don't -- even when it comes to things I know I NEED to do but aren't my favorite, there are usually alternatives or variations that I like much better than others.

At 5'7 I think my wingspan is a bit short for the green monster band to give me much at the bottom of the pushup. I definitely agree that you should enjoy your exercise selection in most cases.

I do them with a sandbag centered over my upper back. Have worked up to a 90lb bag for reps, these work out better than I expected.
Incline are a good challenge, I've never tried banded.

Hello,

At the beginning of the move, the band push up will not add that much difficulty. However, the difficulty will increase as you get up until the end of the move.
When you do a feet elevated push up, you already start with a deficit, so the beginning of the move is harder.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom