all posts post new thread

Barbell barbell purchase advice

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Abishai

Level 5 Valued Member
Anyone have any recc for what brand Barbell and plates to buy?
Im about to start PTTP.
I dont need the best on the market but I want a decent brand that does not break the bank.
Thoughts?

Anyone have any recc for what brand Barbell and plates to buy?
Im about to start PTTP.
I dont need the best on the market but I want a decent brand that does not break the bank.
Thoughts?
Got an email from Titan this am, sale on bumpers, saw a BB on the scratch and dent section for $120.
And cast iron plates.

Last edited:
It was new but I did feel like I got a fine deal on my boneyard Ohio bar from rogue. They sell seconds with blemishes or imperfections in the finish. Sometimes for a worthwhile price.

also a friend of mine told me to get this one - but I forgot - it's a competitive price . and he didn't want me spending too much money on a bar.

Last edited:
It was new but I did feel like I got a fine deal on my boneyard Ohio bar from rogue. They sell seconds with blemishes or imperfections in the finish. Sometimes for a worthwhile price.

also a friend of mine told me to get this one - but I forgot - it's a competitive price . and he didn't want me spending too much money on a bar.

I have not used their barbell, but I really like everything I have gotten from BOS including the open trap bar, bumper plates, and Yoke that I use as a rack. I've been very tempted by their Barenaked Powerlifting bar, which might be what I would get if I was to buy a new bar now .

I love the DB bars (Dumblers) I got from these guys. Quite expensive but the quality is well worth the price.

I was lucky enough to receive a hand-me-down BB set for last Christmas. I recently discovered that the bar wasn’t actually 45lbs and realized I am weaker than I thought by 15lb….. I’m not complaining because it was a gift, weight is weight, and I’m not competing, but if you get a used set it’s something to consider at least.

I was lucky enough to receive a hand-me-down BB set for last Christmas. I recently discovered that the bar wasn’t actually 45lbs and realized I am weaker than I thought by 15lb….. I’m not complaining because it was a gift, weight is weight, and I’m not competing, but if you get a used set it’s something to consider at least.

Every time I pick up my rackable 15 kg / 33 lb EZ curl bar, I'm reminded of your story. ;)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom