all posts post new thread

Nutrition BCAA flavored water

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deleted member 316

I read an article about people gettìng bored with just drinking water. The same old recommendations came up about throwing in a lemon or cucumber for taste. Another was to mix a scoop of bcaa in a big jug of water. It gives you flavor and you can sip on bcaa's all day. My question is, some say taking bcaa during a fast can spike insulin and break the fast. Some say its fine. Usually you'll be taking a full serving at one time, with a big jug it will be watered down and spaced out alot more. So will it be ok or not?

Hello,

@HUNTER1313
It depends on your insulin sensitivity. However, if you do not drink everything in one time, but spread throughout the day, I guess it can be fine.

Kind regards,

Pet'

I take BCAA 's 3x in the morning during my fast [ 16/8 cycle] and so far it is working great for me. Recovery is faster from lifting and muscle is building easier/staying on. Experiment!

Hello,

I do not take BCAA's but what is your quantity ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

BCAA's have to be used only as an assistance, not a replacement. I recover better since I take a little (1 spoon) of rice proteins.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Well, I really can't figure out how you can get bored by water

BCAA will have some impact on your insuline response. If you are a top edge bodybuilder you might benefit from BCAAs.
If you are not, I would say save your money. If you consume enough protein in the 24h window there is really no reason to consume BCAAs

Hello,

Plus, the moment when you take your BCAA's also plays a role. For instance, shortly after and before training.

Kind regards,

Pet'

I keep a bag of frozen fruit in the freezer. It is amazing how one or two strawberries or blueberries can spice up a glass of water. Cheap, simple and good for you. They do this at Whole Foods and charge $3 for it, spa water!

Hello,

Concentrate of licorice is pretty good. Only a few drops in a bottle of water are enough.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom