all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Beards. Glorious Beards

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
The sides don't seem to be growing out like the rest now. I'm tempted to shave it all off and regrow it.

Sometimes you just need to hit the 'reset button' and start from scratch. Maybe treat yourself to a hot towel shave and give your face a thorough clean to make sure your pores and follicles are all healthy and unblocked so you can start afresh on a brand new beard.

I shaved my off a little over a month ago. I had let it go for 4-5 months. I really wanted a long beard and mustache but the stache was driving me crazy.... I couldn't drink water out of a glass without wiping my face because it was always drooping in everything. The beard was 3-4" long probably. Maybe I'll try again next winter and trim the stache up a little.

I've had hair on my chin continuously since 1994. Most of the time it was a goatee with the annual hunting beard in the fall. That was the ex's preference. For most of the last three years it has been full and luxurious. The new gal likes the full beard but she does complain when it starts approaching 3-4" so I keep it just a bit shorter.

I've never used oils, balms or waxes just regular shampooing. I have been thinking about trying some oil though since it seems to be getting dryer the older I get.

do it... beard oil and balm/wax makes your beard feel so soft and definitely keeps the beard dandruff down.

I've had a long beard and hair for most of my adult life, that is about 15 years. Ever since my conscription I have let my hair grow without having a blade on it. My chin has been shaved for a time or two. A beard just looks better and feels better on me. I think I trim it down a time or two a year.

Getting older is starting to show a bit. I already have a grey hair or two in my beard and I'm starting to lose a bit of my hair. It is inevitable that I have to lose my hair. It will be so weird. Hopefully it's at least some years before it happens.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom