all posts post new thread

(Beginner) Naked Warrior and Combat Conditioning

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Still having luck with the 5 to 10 minute workouts a few tims throughout the day. Yesterday I did my regular fifteen minute workout in the morning, then a couple five minute jump rope sessions in the few hours after.

I alternated with pushups and rope, a couple different sessions, a little more than five minutes each in the afternoon.

Then in the evening I lifted a rock from the ground to my chest as many times as I could in 2 sets, jumping rope in between and after.

These sessions have been mostly a release between classes or studying, since 1 to 2 hours of sitting (without eating) tends to make me restless.

Not sure if this counts as GTG with repetition (hindu) pushups and rope but im not gonna sweat it.

More sure I'm using this man's programing: https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Phy...h_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=#reader_B00H13Z0VS

Johny Grube is my bodyweight training hero, besides all the wrestlers in India.

Did a ~15 minute bridging session today.

I held a wrestler's bridge (the kind where your forehead and nose is on the ground) for about 1 to 2 minutes, 3 times.

Then I did 3 reverse pushups, trying to bring my head over my hands each time (stretching out), about 30 seconds each.

Then I held a front (wrestler) bridge for about a minute.

I did about a 1 to 1 work to rest rest ration, but maybe a little longer because I didn't want to corrupt my form on the almighty bridge. I relaxed and did some stretching for the sides of my neck between sets.

Wow, what a great workout! The back bridge really is the king of the royal court. I read somewhere that Matt said you should try to focus on your bridging and hindu squats in different sessions if possible, and now i know why. mono bridge workouts are better so far

Pushup workout this morning.

As many as I could of each in the following order

Hindu Pushups (probably around fifty)

Fingertip Pushups

Reverse Pushups

Hindu Pushups

Fingertip Pushups

Hindu Pushups

One leg in Air Pushups

Fingertip pushups

Hindu Pushups

Mostly working on hindu pushups, doing pretty few reps of the supplementary pushups that accompany them in this workout. All of the supplementary pushups are a nice break from the hindu's, but the hindu's are where the real power/flexibility is being built.

Thanks to Matt Furey for this workout template.

After returning to a more pure version of NW I can now do OAPU from an elevation slightly below my waist, a few tight reps in clean form.

stomping the ball of my foot was something i was not doing before. has helped out a lot. so has keeping the fist of my working hand tight against my chest, like in a rack position

Wall OAPU are different than those done from a lower elevation because of the constricted ROM and the odd angle at which you're standing. once you get past those the NW comes together a lot more.

I bought the kindle version of Hardstyle Abs today. Something I did not own before hand.

I read the first couple chapter and began to learn hardstyle breathing. What a milestone this was in improving my OAPU!

One of the coolest parts about Naked Warrior is you don't really ever think about moving your arm up and down durning the OAPU. You just concentrate on zipping up, Hardstyle Breathing (which basically includes the ab cramp, glute cramp, zipping up the sphincter AS WELL AS diaphragmatic breathing), corkscrewing your shoulders in, and marking a fist with both hands (especially the off hand held in tight!). Then you row and power up!

These women are skilled!

Again I will emphasize the difference between OAPU off a high bench and off a wall. The wall is just as hard for some reason, my guess being the awkward starting position and the lack of starting resistance to aid in the tension skills. I wouldn't be surprised if others have experienced this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ran the Nikolay Amosov morning complex, the one with 10 exercises.

Since I'm 23 I ran each exercise at about 23 reps.

Since reading The Cost of Adaptation I've been trying to get serious about my stretching and mobility.

More gold from Karen Smith regarding the pistol

Hello,

You can also get some variety doing some single leg DL. This is very functional as well

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

You can also get some variety doing some single leg DL. This is very functional as well

Kind regards,

Pet'

Thanks mate I totally glossed over the SLDL then went back and tried it. Almost fell over the first couple reps. see how it would improve my balance

Hello,

@Jak Nieuwenhuis
Here's a link about SLDL tips on SF (K. Smith's article)
The Single-leg Deadlift: The Most Underutilized and Powerful Skill

And here's a video:

For instance, this is an interesting move because when one gets down to pick something up from the ground, most of the time, one uses a SLDL pattern (not a pistol or a standard squat pattern). I use it a lot, simultaneously with the pistol with very good results.

More generally, I notice a far better body control in terms of proprioception, since I use a lot of balanced moves: pistol on a cylinder, SLDL, OAOL PU, free HSPU, 1A levers, etc... On the long run, I think these "simple but not easy" calisthenic moves permit to maintain a perfect ratio between health and strength. As an example, I never saw a 80 yo person hitting a 150kg DL. However, hitting a proper SLDL is possible without extensive fatigue and tear. IMO, yoga or taichi (for instance) can be done for a lifetime.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Today consisted of: Super Joints within 30 minutes of waking

GTG on negative free pistols from different heights, higher elevations done with 35lb bell. slow as possible. I added a few reps of SLDL in after a couple sets of my pistols, to get a calisthenic "squat and deadlift"

Got a lot of one arms on elevations as low as my waist, done in sets of 1 to 2 reps, then some lever pushups on the floor, with the offhand to the side on a 3lb kettlebell

Wall OAPU are much easier now.

I can feel my body contracting harder every day. The more resistance, the greater the contraction. Still practicing Hardstyle Breathing on every rep of GTG. Abs actuallly becoming more noticeble (I think because they are tensed with hardstyle breathing pretty hard at least 10 times a day during GTG practice).

I did 3 reps of TGU on each side once the sun went down.

Then I did the trifecta with some additional hip flexor stretching.

Hello,

@Jak Nieuwenhuis
Here's a link about SLDL tips on SF (K. Smith's article)
The Single-leg Deadlift: The Most Underutilized and Powerful Skill

And here's a video:

For instance, this is an interesting move because when one gets down to pick something up from the ground, most of the time, one uses a SLDL pattern (not a pistol or a standard squat pattern). I use it a lot, simultaneously with the pistol with very good results.

More generally, I notice a far better body control in terms of proprioception, since I use a lot of balanced moves: pistol on a cylinder, SLDL, OAOL PU, free HSPU, 1A levers, etc... On the long run, I think these "simple but not easy" calisthenic moves permit to maintain a perfect ratio between health and strength. As an example, I never saw a 80 yo person hitting a 150kg DL. However, hitting a proper SLDL is possible without extensive fatigue and tear. IMO, yoga or taichi (for instance) can be done for a lifetime.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Loving these. I'm just concentrating on balance, hinging as much as possible while keeping a straight back. The concentric phase is pretty easy comparatively

Morning workout: 10 pushups done an hour apart till reaching 30. Towel pullups, 3 sets of 2-3 with a couple minutes rest in between

Afternoon workout, 105 f outside

jump rope 50 times
10 burpees
20 step ups each leg

was done in 5 minutes

around 5:

ran through a deck of cards simply doing a standard pushup for the rep number of each card. made it to fifty pushups and backed off

around 7:

as many prisoner squat thrusts as I could do in 5 minutes

did as many bodyweight rows as I could off of some horse stirrup straps. then I did a couple slow chin ups followed by a couple of slow pullups in five minutes

a couple hours later I did as many prisoner squat thrusts as I could in five minutes

then about an hour later I did

jump rope 50 times
10 burpees
20 step ups each leg

adds up to fifteen minutes of training done over about 3 hours

Did my last session of the day just now,

100 rope skipped

10 step ups each leg

25 push ups

did 2 rounds of that, the first round it was hindu pushups done of cement blocks. the second round it was standard pushups done off rubber curb stop

took about 10 minutes all together.

I also did russian towel laundrya little earlier, for about five minutes.

all together today it was a half hour of intense training broken into different sessions

credit Johny Grube for these work outs

10 minutes of face the wall squats, pumps, and some haloes

then a 12 minute man maker swing session

jump rope and some light jog in between

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom