Beginner product/program question

Esamurai

First Post
Hi everyone,

New member here. 39, soon to be 40. Absolutely not athletic, but I've been training brazilian jiu jitsu for 3 days per week on average for 2 years. Zero experience with kettle bells. Also, I have very little free time, and a desk job.

With that in mind, can anyone let me know what would be the best strenght / fitness program for me? I wonder if I can jump in "the quick and the dead" or if I should start with the Simple & Sinister?

Any input is appreciated, thanks!

ps: my apologies if this is the wrong forum.

Bunn

Level 5 Valued Member
S&S all the way. Once you are able to meet the Simple standard fairly easily/regularly, you have attained a solid base of strength and will be more prepared to jump into other programs.

Mike Torres

Level 6 Valued Member
Team Leader Certified Instructor
Elite Certified Instructor
Hi everyone,

New member here. 39, soon to be 40. Absolutely not athletic, but I've been training brazilian jiu jitsu for 3 days per week on average for 2 years. Zero experience with kettle bells. Also, I have very little free time, and a desk job.

With that in mind, can anyone let me know what would be the best strenght / fitness program for me? I wonder if I can jump in "the quick and the dead" or if I should start with the Simple & Sinister?

Any input is appreciated, thanks!

ps: my apologies if this is the wrong forum.
+1. I would start with S&S - but I would also seek out a certified instructor or a StrongFirst Kettlebell Course (one day) to dial in the fundamentals. The skills seem "easy" out of a book, but you really need practice and eyes on you to get them right. With BJJ (which I do as well) you should start with a max of 3 days/week of S&S.

Top Bottom