all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Beginning S&S and have a few Questions

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Origin

Level 2 Valued Member
Hello,

I originally came across Pavel earlier this year through the Joe Rogan podcast. I decided to pick up Simple and Sinister and start the program but I do have a couple questions.
  1. How long should one hold the stretches at the end of the session? Is there a Pavel or StrongFirst approved time recommendation?
  2. How many curls should one add during Prying Goblet Squats?
I look forward to starting my training log and the program.

Thank You, Origin

Hello,

I originally came across Pavel earlier this year through the Joe Rogan podcast. I decided to pick up Simple and Sinister and start the program but I do have a couple questions.
  1. How long should one hold the stretches at the end of the session? Is there a Pavel or StrongFirst approved time recommendation?

Thank You, Origin
Welcome to the forum. I don’t remember either of the answers to your two questions but I’ve been doing it for a few months and I don’t think I’ve curled with the PGS ever. Not saying I think that’s correct just saying it’s probably not functionally necessary.
as for the stretches. I usually do them like 10-15 seconds. Usually try to likeconsciously release
My breath about half way though and I always feel like I get more out of the stretch after I stop tensing up so much. (That’s just me, I’m new here too)

Hello,

Thank You, Origin
1. A couple minutes or so, or until you notice hot spots starting to lesson and also some gains in depth. Relax, no need to clock watch.
2 .A couple or a few, you might notice a lengthening of the spine and your rump getting closer to the ground.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom