all posts post new thread

Beginning S & S

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Thurs -
S&S warm-up with 16kg
Drills circuit x3
-16 kg deadlift x5
-plank x10s
-16 kg hike x5
-thigh-slap swing ("pop n chop") x5
-16 kg swing x5
TGU with sneaker x3
Arm bars x3

*swing technique improved again today
*love arm bars

Fri - off/traveling

@Tobias Wissmueller pop and chop is basically a naked swing. There is a youtube of it below except the way the SFG demonstrated it to me had more intensity at the top - start standing straight up with arms straight out and hands as if they would "chop", then burst your hands back slapping your thighs as they go back and burst into your hinge position, then explode into the hip thrust with arms back in front slapping your thighs again on the way up.

All of the drills focus on tensing the glutes, thighs, abdomen and lats and help groove the motion. It is helping my swing - now less of a squat + arm raise and more of a hip thrust with floating bell (still very amateur but much better than it was before).

Tues -
S&S warm-up with 16 kg
Arm bar x3
TAS with 16 kg 7x10
TGU x5

*off day today - woke up sore, swing less crisp (but still better than before SFG training, TGU off
*still struggling with TGU transition from supine to elbow left worse than right

Fri - off (unintentionally)

*More difficult fitting S&S in this week. I am trying to apply S&S to professional life and spent the 5 am to 6 am hour on reading. Usually it is not hard to get the workout in in the evening. My son has youth boxing 2-3 evenings per week and sometimes I can get some workout done there depending on how much help the kids need. But it isn't kettlebell. If I can get at least 4 S&S sessions per week I'll keep doing this schedule. If not I may return to morning workout.

Sat -
S&S warm-up with 16 kg
TAS with 16 kg 8x10
TGU x5
Arm bar x3 with 16 kg

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom