all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Beginning Training with Kettle Bells

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

George Amos

First Post
Hey everybody my name is George and I'm new to the forum, I have a Question to ask i have got two 8KG kettle bells at home are these too light to begin training with and what would be a good beginner's workout to start out with.

Thanks

George.

Hi @George Amos and welcome,

The defacto program for kettlebell's here is Pavel's Simple and Sinster for new folks. It's simple, thorough and it's all you'll need to get you started and more.

Have a read through the article and grab yourself a copy of the book. Read the book twice before you pick up a bell, read others posts on this forum, ask questions if you have any queries. You will get all the help you should need right here.

The 8kg bells you already have won't be much use to you (unless you need to stop a stack of paper from blowing away!), so depending upon where you're at with your health and fitness level you'll be wanting to start with a 16kg and maybe a 24kg. Personally I started with a 12kg as I'm a desk jockey with no previous training experience and I was intimidated by the weight of a 16kg bell. The 12kg was ok but I soon needed the 16 and after three months or so with the 16, I'm now (slowly) introducing the 24 to my daily practice.

I have read if you bench under 200lbs start with a 35 lb bell , I'm starting s&s that's what I'm using .

8kg is also good for Bottoms up Get Ups and Presses. Lots of neat grip things you can do with an 8kg if you look up John Brookfield.

There is nothing wrong with starting the S&S protocol with a 8 kg bell. Sure, it is light, but technique always comes before load. That said, I would expect you to at least double or triple the weight in a few months down the road.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom