all posts post new thread

Old Forum Bell Sizes

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Does anyone else love the fact that there are only few bells sizes offered by StrongFirst? I suspect the focus of StrongFirst is education first (EducationFirst?) and there may be more sizes in the future (I hope not).

It reminds me of when I started and all I had 2 16kgs, 24 kg and a 32kg and thought I invented stacked pressing. I remember well the early advice from *Russian Kettlebell Challenge* book/video that if you can't press the next size up keep practicing and honing your strength-skill until you could. Man...simplicity returns.

Not only are there fewer bells but they are reasonably priced. Are these from perform better or is this a new mold?

I need a 32kg!

I too would like to know more about the bells, I need some more. Where are they fabricated?

Is there an option to ship to Canada? I don't see that here and when I try to order off the perform better website it has a button for orders outside the USA but when I click to order it will not put it through.

Yes, these are PB! bells. They will be our preferred provider for certs. I bought a set of them before we decided to use them, bought them under an assumed name and used a friend's address. I really like them. No, I have been told, and it was confirmed through DD that these bells are  not made in the same factory as the current RKC line, and that their design, although similar (round ball of iron, handle), is a design used prior to DD's move to China. As a company policy, StrongFirst will not require a specific brand of bells, but we wanted our friends to be able to buy a good quality bell. Will we make a premium bell? Perhaps, but we have a community to support FIRST, and product sales are a distant ways down the list right now.

Please take advantage of the contact@strongfirst.com to tell us, both good and bad, how we're doing.

Curious, do these have a nice flat bottom for optimum renegade rows and bell pushups?  Worn down rubber bottoms have become an issue for me at the gym I go to.

I am pretty sure with the PB bells you can take the little rubber plate off of the bottom easily.

I've gotton so used to the "Lady Handle" on the 16k and I prefer that option especially with high volume training and my child sized hands, this is something to consider when it comes time to train for the next cert. I'd be very interested in any feedback from females that have used the 16k and if there are options in handle size. Better yet, I'll let you know how it goes as I can certainly afford a few new bells at these fair prices!

gabby - comp bells have thinner handles and perform better comp bells are grand. they also come in a range of in-between sizes like 18 and 22. useful for pursuing maiden goals...

I've been using body solid bells for 5 years and they are great!  Get the paint etc off of the handles and paint them with spray enamel and they last.  About 1$ a pound from factory fitness outlet.  I was bad mouthed for mentioning these over the rkc bells.  I'm not rich so they kick your but just the same!  Nice too see some lower prices on this site!  Great job !

I just ordered a 32kg for myself through PB.  Currently I have all DD bells, but I'm anxious to feel the difference.  Yes, the price is much different.  Another plus is that their customer service emailed me right away to confirm the shipping.  Apparently, I opted for the air shipping with is an additional $250 shipping fee.  Ground is approximately $30.

Stefanie, I really like the PB bells, they remind me of the bells I bought when I first got certified.

Hi everybody -- Just a pitch to let you know that your local DD distributors are, in all likelihood, members of the StrongFit community and are still selling the same awesome kettlebells you've loved all these years.  And while the PB list prices are lower than the DD list prices, the price for local pickup DD bells will likely beat the shipped PB price (I know that's true to my house for example) -- especially if you have an RKC discount.  My company, Chicago Kettlebell Company, will be matching the RKC discounts for SFG-1 (20%) and SFG-2 (25%) certified instructors.

Gabby, I too used the "female" 16k bell and found it difficult to switch to snatching the 20k, because of the handle size. I started snatching the "male" 16k and then it was easy to transition to the 20k. and the 18k.

mcneuen,

Thanks for giving folks a choice. We want people to use whatever bells they choose (so long as they are the correct weight) and your post is a great help.

Round ball, handle. As long as the two remain as one, it's all good.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom