all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Bells, muscle, and fighting

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deleted member 316

Hopefully the gyms open soon and we can start to train again. I would like to gain a little muscle for the upcoming "battles". I have narrowed it down to either abc or a condensed version of the s&s fighter program from Pavel (three days a week alternating the tgu with the pushpress). I would like to keep it to three days a week so I still have time for other stuff and my crazy work schedule.
Ps. I just like to train and stay in shape at the club level so there is really no need to worry about weight classes...... yet

Last edited by a moderator:
Pavel wrote that until you finish Rite of Passage (1/2 be press, 200 snatch<10') that's supposed to be your Hypertrophy training. After continue to RoTK.

I'm doing RoP now with a 24 and no rest betweens rungs and <90s between ladders. I'm building like crazy

@Tjerr, when I first started training with kettlebells and went through the ROP with a 24 kg I finished and repeated it again using no rest between rungs as you have described and I concur with your assessment, I built up some muscle mass!

How long roughly is a training session? I need to keep sessions to 20min. 30min absolutely max

If you like doubles and want to keep sessions short, I’d use Dry Fighting Weight while eating at a surplus. You’re done in 30 minutes, 3x/week.

Hello,

@Tjerr
Pavel wrote that until you finish Rite of Passage (1/2 be press, 200 snatch<10') that's supposed to be your Hypertrophy training. After continue to RoTK.

I'm doing RoP now with a 24 and no rest betweens rungs and <90s between ladders. I'm building like crazy
This interests me, so I would have a couple of questions:
- Do you currently eat in calorie surplus ?
- Using relatively short rest period, I guess you get plenty of "conditioning" from the C&P portion. Then, do you keep doing the snatches / swings ?

Thanks,

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

@Tjerr

This interests me, so I would have a couple of questions:
- Do you currently eat in calorie surplus ?
- Using relatively short rest period, I guess you get plenty of "conditioning" from the C&P portion. Then, do you keep doing the snatches / swings ?

Thanks,

Kind regards,

Pet'

Not really surplus. Around 3000kcal a day, intermittent fasting 16h. I weigh now 83 kgs with a fat% around 10ish. But as an personal trainer, I couldn't work during Corona, so I'm less active then I normally am.

Yes. Still throwing the dice every session. Eyes are minutes. Heavy day 10 One-arm swings every 30s (max 240 if 12). Easy day 10 snatches every 60 seconds (max 120 if 12). Medium day 10 One-arm swings every 45s (max 160 if 12), rounded up to even numbers.

Hello,

@Tjerr
Usually, how much time does a session last (when heavy day and "bad dices") for instance ?

When I did RoP, I used a "fixed" conditioning: 100 swings such as prescribed in S&S

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom