all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Belt Squat at Home?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
I don’t have a photo but a guy at the gym rigged one up. Basically clamps the the power rack on one end, has a joint with a bearing, then extends a few feet. He put a loading pin towards the end and a hook on the end.

It works pretty great and is sturdy.

I don’t have a photo but a guy at the gym rigged one up. Basically clamps the the power rack on one end, has a joint with a bearing, then extends a few feet. He put a loading pin towards the end and a hook on the end.

It works pretty great and is sturdy.

That sounds like one of the belt squat attachments that snap to power racks?

I was hoping to just jury rig something without buying another piece of gear.

Did you end up trying or buying anything?

Did you end up trying or buying anything?
I tried belt squat with kettlebells hanging on chain, standing on two chairs which close to the wall so there's no split up. I get use nearly every kettlebells I have but it's still too light and have to use a wider stance than my prefer. I stop doing belt squat like that because I found a gym with proper machine.

I tried belt squat with kettlebells hanging on chain, standing on two chairs which close to the wall so there's no split up. I get use nearly every kettlebells I have but it's still too light and have to use a wider stance than my prefer. I stop doing belt squat like that because I found a gym with proper machine.

Yeah, I was afraid it might be too light.

The heaviest KB I have is 40 kg.

I have a belt squat at home, of course. It's nice. Recommended.

If you need to DIY, I would personally look at some kind of a pulley system, especially if you have a pulley system already at home.

Elite fts has a set up for $160 or something like that... I've tried numerous ways of DIY... That gadget though saves a lot of headaches

Does anyone have any experience and best practices for rigging home belt squats at home?

Did you just stack plates and stand on it using a dip belt?

Did you use a landmine post?
Had one in the team house weight room in college. I think they leased it, since it eventually disappeared. Loved it.
Yeah, straddling a couple benches/ boxes with a dip belt sounds like a plan.

Does anyone have any experience and best practices for rigging home belt squats at home?
Belt Squats

Thanks Hung for reference my post on this. It provides more informatiaon on them.

Belt Squat are a staple movement in my training,

The items you need are listed.

Did you just stack plates and stand on it using a dip belt?

Standing On Plates

They can be perform that way. However, I not an advocate of that approach.

It is not a good idea.

1) Not Enough Height

You are not going to be able to obtain enough height by standingn on plates unless you stack them to the moon.

2) Metal Plate

Stacking metal plates on top of each other produces a sliper enviroment.\

Stacking bumer plates is a little better but not that much.

3) Spud Belt Sqiat Best

Performimg them, with a Dip Belt is uncomfortable; the Dip Belt cuts into you.

The Spud Belt Squat Belt rides well on your lower back and is more comfortable

Did you use a landmine post?
No

LandMine Belt Squats have a different feel and elicit a slightly different trainng effect.

LandMine Belt Squat tend to pull you forward.

With that said, give them a try and see how they work for you.

Power Rack Belt Squats

I perform, Power Rack Belt Squats.

I had a Powerlfing buddy make me what look like Skies that attach to my Rack Pins.

That allows me to position myself up about two feet up from the Loading Pin Weight.

I can addust the width of the Skies to Squat Wide, Medium or Narrow.

I can adjust the Rack Pins at different height.

Doing so, allows me to perform a Incline Belt Squat (shifting the loading more to the posterior chain) or Decline Belt Squat (placing more of the loading on the Quads).

I was hoping to just jury rig something without buying another piece of gear.

Not Likely

Your are going to need to purchase some additonal items, if you're interested in an optimal Belt Squats.

My post that Hung posted goes into that.

stand on two boxes

Standing On Two Solid Boxes

This works if the boxes are high enough.

However, standing on boxes force you to perform Wide Stance Belt Squats.

My Ski Power Rack System allows for Wide, Medium or Narrow Belt Squats.

Holding On To The Rack

This allows you to perform,,,

1) Accommodating Resistance Belt Squats

You can pull up on the Rack in the bottom part of the Belt Squat to assist in the weak Range of The Movcement.

As you ascend, stop pulling (assisting) as much; allow the legs to perform more of the work.

This elicits that same Accommodating Resistance Effect as Chain and/or Bands; the muscles are OverLoaded through a greater Range of the Movement.

2) Accentuated Eccentric Belt Squats

Pull up on the Power Rack with Heavier Loads; assist with the Concentric Movement.

Then perform an Eccentric OverLoaded Belt Squat.

3) Primary Muscle Work

Holding on to the Rack place more of the work on the Pimary Muslces in the Legs; minimizing the Stabilier Muscle which limit the OverLoad effecd on the Primary Muscles.

4) Stabilier Musle Worjk

To involve greater activation and OverLoad on the Stabilizer Muscles, do not hold on to anything.

TNT Gym

Is this over at David Torrez TNT Gym?

Elite fts has a set up for $160 or something like that... I've tried numerous ways of DIY... That gadget though saves a lot of headaches

This thing that goes on a landmine?

This thing that goes on a landmine?
LandMine-$276

Compairson with...

Belt Squat DYI

1) Boxes

The cost depends on if you make them or get a friend to.

2) Spud Belt Squat Belt-$88.00
belt-squat-belt_thumbnail.jpg

3) Loading Pin-$89.95

I have this one. I have loaded to over 500 lbs for Partial Belt Squats.

1314-C_f20.jpg

Rogue and Titan have one that cost less, hold less with a lower weight capacity.

4) Carabiner

Lowes or Home Depot...fairly cheap.

5) Chain

Lowes or Home Depot...cheap.

Back
Top Bottom