all posts post new thread

Barbell Bench Program? Smolov Jr?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

I appreciate the program suggestion. That is very appealing to me because I want to work on overhead strength. That would be a good program because I want to start training Strongman Log again. Good specific variety with CGBP and KB Press.

I was doing PTTP at the beginning of 2018. My lifting went pretty well last year. I did PTTP, versions of Wendler 5/3/1(base program, JS+FSL, BBB), and finishing the year on Smolov Jr for Bench Press. That is not what I planned but I see now how I built volume throughout the year. I will do that again.

A reset will be nice. After a plant shutdown in March, where I work a lot of overtime, I can start to build volume again.

Thank you @Pavel Macek. After testing Bench this week I will start the above program. It will be good to add in KB again.

I wonder how much one could split the daily training volume in parts, for example do half in the morning and half in the evening. How do you think it would be different, both in application and results?

I would not split up the volume. You would not get the same training effect.

You could do separate recovery workouts or assistance though.

I have had some success with using the sheiko method but I've never tried smolov. Did you end up picking it and running with it? In the past I've also used the physiqz program Powerlifting Programs and Routines - Physiqz and a 4 week plan from tnation Bench Press More in 4 Weeks | T Nation. I liked the physiqz plan but it was just a ton of volume. The tnation program basically just centered around variations--specifically floor presses and pin presses which I've found carry over nicely for me.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom