all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Bent Press Assistance

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Jeff Roark

Level 7 Valued Member
Just want to share something I've been doing lately to maintain my Bent Press form. I have a lot going on now with kids sports so I have pretty limited time and this allows me to get in some work without it having to be a huge production. I find this exercises surprisingly difficult when one truly digs in and makes sure to maximize tension in all the areas pertinent to the Bent Press. I wish I had been doing this exercise long before I even started trying to it weighted because it really allows you to hit the groove every time. I do this 2x per week for 3 sets of 3 on each arm. I haven't seen anyone doing this on the web but haven't searched for it either so this is probably not something new, but it is for me. So, I hope this may help someone to build or maintain their Bent Press.

Just want to share something I've been doing lately to maintain my Bent Press form. I have a lot going on now with kids sports so I have pretty limited time and this allows me to get in some work without it having to be a huge production. I find this exercises surprisingly difficult when one truly digs in and makes sure to maximize tension in all the areas pertinent to the Bent Press. I wish I had been doing this exercise long before I even started trying to it weighted because it really allows you to hit the groove every time. I do this 2x per week for 3 sets of 3 on each arm. I haven't seen anyone doing this on the web but haven't searched for it either so this is probably not something new, but it is for me. So, I hope this may help someone to build or maintain their Bent Press.

Imho one of the best Bent Press drills.

Imho one of the best Bent Press drills.

I think so too. I had to find something that would allow me to get a few minutes of solid drilling in when I'm in a rush. I kept messing around withe the back press and the back press iso's and they're great but wasn't giving me all I needed. I kept fumbling about and came up with this. Like I said in the video, I've never seen anyone else do it on the internet, but I'm sure there are others that had found this exercise also.

@Jeff Roark I used your iso drill as a warm up for bent pressing tonight. I love it, its a keeper. Thanks for posting.
Glad you liked it. Its really got some untapped potential I do think. I'll be doing a lot more Isometric work over the next several months due to necessity. The other night warming up on DB C&P I ruptured the bicep long head tendon. Going to work BW and Isometrics until it heals up and stops cramping so bad.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom