all posts post new thread

Barbell Bent Pressing w/Hepburn program

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Jeff Roark

Level 7 Valued Member
I am using the Hepburn Singles program of starting at 4 singles and working up to 10 total. On a normal 2 hand exercise you add a single rep per workout. With the Bent Press I'll be adding 2.

I'm learning that this lift requires a load of confidence and I'm just not there yet with my technique. I'm still struggling with the feet positioning and how much to turn the bar. But, I'll figure it out along the way.

thanks guys. It was a grinder for sure. Nothing easy about it. It boggles my mind how strong some of these old time strongmen actually were. I can't imagine holding 300lbs, heck, I'm having a hard time comprehending 200lbs to be honest.

I should also make a note about and adjustment I have decided to make. I'm going to limit my number of lifts to 6 total. The time under tension on this lift is quite high and I had a pretty tough time recovering from one of my sessions the other day. Got a tad bit overzealous and it dropped the hammer on me. So, I'll be working from from 2 to 6 singles vs. 4 to 10.

I have used parts of another Hepburn program in my upcoming project about Advanced Program Minimum (snatch and bent press). Works!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom