all posts post new thread

Nutrition Best books for diet and nutrition?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

chetan94

First Post
I like exercising, athletic performance, mindfulness training, etc. Recently I’ve noticed my energy levels going down. Idk if that’s bc I only do cardio 3 times a week and sit around a lot due to the pandemic, but I’m also considering that my diet might play a factor.

Looking for suggestions on good information sources/books for diet and nutrition. I still live with my parents so I’d like to give them suggestions on how we can eat better.

I like exercising, athletic performance, mindfulness training, etc. Recently I’ve noticed my energy levels going down. Idk if that’s bc I only do cardio 3 times a week and sit around a lot due to the pandemic, but I’m also considering that my diet might play a factor.

Looking for suggestions on good information sources/books for diet and nutrition. I still live with my parents so I’d like to give them suggestions on how we can eat better.
I would stand by Robb Wolf’s Paleo Solution as the PERFECT starting point for diet. It’s basically the same as the whole 30 diet.
Paleo, in my opinion is a great starting point and from there one can tinker with fasting, carb intake, protein leveraging...

How receptive are your parents going to be to ‘eating better’? Some diet / nutrition plans are going to (pardon the pun) be easier to swallow for parents....

If you're on the plant based nutrition side, you can check dr Greger books

Dr Greger did a talk hosted by my workplace a few years ag and our staff got a private talk beforehand. Honestly, if there is a more egotistical, pretentious prick out there I've yet to find them. This guy cherry picks data like crazy, demonized meat for 45 minutes about how it's the scourge of the earth and causes every disease known to man, yet when I asked him point blank what the number one thing to cut out of the diet for health he answered with "soda". The guy is a shill of the highest order in my mind. I feel sorry for the vegan crowd with good research and intentions to be associated with him.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom