all posts post new thread

Barbell Best Novice Program for me???

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Grey Skull for me as well. Best gains since I stopped powerlifting. Easy to plug in a few extras and the low volume allows for added conditioning with ease. The rows were a nice addition and worked well opposite chin-ups. I did a single max set of Kroc rows every Monday and Friday. I also benches those days as well due to my elbows getting sore from overhead presses.

Honestly it's not super-important. So long as you are doing some sort of squat, some sort of press, some sort of pull and so on, keep doing them and progressing them, you'll get bigger and better.

Whatever programme you choose, Starting Strength 3rd edition is to be recommended for the intense detail about the lifts. Always you should seek out a competent trainer or coach, in their absence the book is good, and after some months of training you'll read it with more "aha! so that is why..."

Whatever programme you choose, Starting Strength 3rd edition is to be recommended for the intense detail about the lifts. Always you should seek out a competent trainer or coach, in their absence the book is good, and after some months of training you'll read it with more "aha! so that is why..."
That's true!
While I like GSLP much more than SS, I always recommend the SS book for the descriptions of the lifts and all the other info in it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom