all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Best pairing for BW skills

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
A duo I've been doing lately on recovery day from weightlifting:

Hollow Rock + Bridge

Basically make your body into a C and then into a D.

Hits both sides of your core, challenges lumbo-pelvic + thoracic control from opposite directions.

Doing it under + over a barbell strictly optional.

ATG-ehab-bridge-patreon-w800.jpg

Last edited:
As for the Pistol, if too difficult and you have issues with SLDL, May I recommend one of the following:
Box Elevation
Kickstand Squats
Kickstand Deadlifts
Airborne Lunges
Thanks Karen, these seem like a good progression. I'm now working back to being able to do ATG BW squats without pain and aggravation at the medial knee tendons. Once I can do those for a decent number of reps and also some feet together squats, I was planning on tackling harder versions. BW kickstand squats and DLs are certainly a good progression that I'll work into my training as soon as I am able.

For some reason the box pistols have always aggravated my patella issue on my right knee. Negatives and assisted reps that go all the way don't cause that issue. Not sure if it's the shear forces applied to the knee when at that 90° angle, but something irritates my tendons/ligaments/fat pad when I do the box version.

Thanks Karen, these seem like a good progression. I'm now working back to being able to do ATG BW squats without pain and aggravation at the medial knee tendons. Once I can do those for a decent number of reps and also some feet together squats, I was planning on tackling harder versions. BW kickstand squats and DLs are certainly a good progression that I'll work into my training as soon as I am able.

For some reason the box pistols have always aggravated my patella issue on my right knee. Negatives and assisted reps that go all the way don't cause that issue. Not sure if it's the shear forces applied to the knee when at that 90° angle, but something irritates my tendons/ligaments/fat pad when I do the box version.
It could be the direction of force when you do box partials. If you want me to assess any of the progressions send me videos or tag me if you upload here. :) You might find you can comfortably do the Kickstand Squat even before a feet together squat.

If you want me to assess any of the progressions send me videos or tag me if you upload here. :) You might find you can comfortably do the Kickstand Squat even before a feet together squat.
Thank you very much Karen, I will take you up on that as soon as my PT clears me for more advanced progressions.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom