all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Best Pants for KB Training

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I've found a pair of New Zealand made pants with the perfect material- 'Earth Sea Sky' make a 'Prolite Trouser' that are lightweight and stretchy- but still smart enough to have a casual smart shirt with. I've had these in my drawer for about five years- always too tight, but I can now fit into them (swings helped!) I may yet buy a pair of Patagonia's or some uber tactical 5.11's....

I want to like the 5.11 pants but I just don’t. Have tried two versions and returned both. I’m usually in shorts but if I want long pants I like my lululemon seawalls. Some other good ideas in this thread I need to take a look at too; eg climbing pants.

Since I had a pair laying around, I tried once to do my kettlebell/barbell session in rugby shorts. I never used anything else after that is temperature is high enough for shorts. They are the kind with a stretchy crotch and a sticky rubber band and rope at the waist. They are very comfortable and you know you will not rip them. The traditional rigid cotton ones would probably not be as good though.

Not being as flush ;):p:D as many on here, I usually just use sweat pants....no need to think hard when you have a few pairs. I haven't tried my rugby shorts yet, but with my new mat set up, I may have to do so.

Hello everyone, I just came across the pants discussion. I order a lot from LA Police Gear and as it happens they're selling Blackhawk! brand pants for 14.99 on closeout. Worth a look, and Blackhawk! Makes good gear. Hope that helps.

/r Mac

Blackhawk Pursuit Pants

Well, there are pants and then there are PANTS. I tried a TGU in my one pair of dress slacks and it wasn't too bad. But, I would not use them on a daily basis. Unless you have tried a TGU with some Blackhawk Tactical Response or better still.....Chuck Norris Action Slacks- you don't know what you are missing. I've found a pair of Chuck Norris Action Slacks (used) that are going to be awesome.

Pants are restrictive. Swings and getups require good range of motion. Pants, even dumb overpriced tacti-cool pants, don't provide good range of motion throughout the hips and knees.

Wear sweatpants if your garage gets cold. Wear shorts otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pants are restrictive.
No. "Slim fit" as they do now are restrictive. Normal pants (classic fit) are not.

I just bought 3 pairs yesterday. The first thing I did in the shop what to see how I could go into an ATG squat. If I can do this, I can do swings, getups, even splits.

It is not so much the material that counts, it is the cut.

Never have I ever seen a forum thread go three pages about pants outside of the tacticool/geardo pages I frequent.

Very true. It's kind of funny from one perspective.

One of the cool things about this forum however, is the wide range of topics that get discussed, and the minutiae we get into sometimes.

Additionally that we can (usually) have wide ranging and differing opinions, and more importantly experiences, that we can respectfully discuss.

Like this crazy pants thread. Pants? Wear them, don't wear them, do whatever works. I can climb 5.12 in loose fitting jeans, and do many other things that require far less mobility such as TGU's and swings in them.

I might even go so far as saying if pants are holding a person back from training, they might want to reconsider some things.

Another solid reason for training in pants- some 5.11 tactical pants have a pocket for knee pads. My knees are a bit beat up from years of abuse so I wear neoprene knee sleeves for my TGU's- but those knee sleeves are crazy hot in summer...enter the 5.11 TACTICAL pant with knee pad pocket. 'Soft knee' on hard surfaces sometimes doesn't go as planned- especially when I go uber heavy and grab my mighty 16kg KB. So I will be able to slip in some TACTICAL knee pads into my TACTICAL pants and commence to kick butt.

Its never a bad thing to be able to express your strength with the "restrictions" of pants, so I don't see a problem with training in them at least some of the time.
"Hey Bob, can you help me move the TV to the other room?"
"Hold on, I need to go put on my training shorts."

Hah! This thread is great.

One set of pants that I like to use are Levi's "Athletic" fit jeans. Nice and roomy in the butt and thighs without being beastly in the waist area. I think the number is 541. The best part is you can get them on sale at Kohl's for like $30.

That having been said, I typically train in sweats I got at WalMart for like $4 a pair, even in PHX summer.

yes! I second that on the 541 jeans. I dont train in them, but I could. Can squat down rock bottom without any snags or restrictions. Those are my main everyday pants.

Right, I'm easily sold- I will try a pair of 541's, hopefully they sell them in New Zealand. My Chuck Norris Action Slacks purchase fell through, and while I LOVE tactical 'stuff', I'm having second thoughts about a pair of 5.11 in 'COYOTE BROWN'- the color probably won't match most of my tops.

Naked or yoga pants/compression pants. Why some of you are training in jeans or combat pants is beyond me. You wouldn't hit the gym in jeans, so why wear them when training kettlebells? It's still working out.

Compression pants are my favorite, just make sure you have the a#@ for it.

When I was doing pttp, I forgot my gym clothes once so I hit the deadlift in my jeans. That was the first time I hit 1.5xbw for 5 and the jeans didnt cause any trouble :)

I reckon the interest is not just 'pants', it's really all about the tools we use to kick butt. I can remember my days in the pub trade in London- my top 'bouncer' always wore black judo pants- with a pair of 'chucks... nobody ever got the best of him. His foot sweeps were legend. But back to pants- winter is only months away here in NZ, I need something to protect my epithelial layer from the southerly winds..if I save my money wisely I reckon I can afford a pair of CACTUS SUPERTROUSERS. Let's face it lads (and ladies!)- nothing can beat the CACTUS SUPERTROUSER.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom