all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Best Pants for KB Training

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I can't stand training in 'pants' (in the UK pants are your underwear but I'm keeping with your term for trousers here).

I just don't like the feel of things going over my knees when moving - very off putting. Even if outside in the depth of winter I would opt for shorts -just pull my socks up a bit

Hi Kiwi5,

This is Christian the SFG1 who taught you last month in Hamilton. I'm here in the Philippines right now, and they do sell some good pairs of tactical convertible pants here that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Email me your waist and hip size then you can do an only money transfer, I can get you a pair or two before I return to NZ. Trivia: it's the same pair of pants I use day to day at work, and recommended as well by my coach Mark Limbaga SFG2.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Christian! I was so focused during the training that I have no recollection of your pants! What brand/type are they?

Soccer warm up pant? I didnt realize soccer had special sweat pants. Time to google....

I can't stand training in 'pants' (in the UK pants are your underwear but I'm keeping with your term for trousers here).

I like to think that I know the differences between "British English" and "American English" but I did not know that underwear were called "pants." I am aware of the term "knickers," which I believe refers to female undergarments or what we here in the US call "panties." I am aware of the term "underpants," but did not realize you could use just the term "pants" without the "under."

Yes I am a nerd and I love studying languages and variations within languages. Canada is fun, too. What a bunch of hosers, eh? Australian expressions are by far my favorite.

And since the topic of training nekkid was mentioned, last night I had a dream that I was doing the Olympic lifts nekkid. No joke. Not a pleasant dream. Let's just say things got in the way.

@Glen "Nekkid" is the way people from the Southern region of the US pronounce "naked." It has actually taken on its own unique definition.

And since the topic of training nekkid was mentioned, last night I had a dream that I was doing the Olympic lifts nekkid. No joke. Not a pleasant dream. Let's just say things got in the way.

I hope the barbell in your dream didn't have center knurling ;-).

Hi Christian! I was so focused during the training that I have no recollection of your pants! What brand/type are they?

Soccer warm up pant? I didnt realize soccer had special sweat pants. Time to google....

they're trekking pants.. I reminded him about this thread yesterday

look up on the book of faces 8a performance apparel

Yup, they make them. Check Under Armor or Adidas.

My SFG instructor- Christian Baldia kindly brought me back 2 pairs of tactical pants from his overseas trip. I will be wearing one of them during today's 'Dry Fighting Weight' training. I can already feel the additional mental fortitude that wearing 'tactical' pants provides. Now....where did I put my balaclava? (refer to page 64 S&S for balaclava + tactical pants use)

Last edited:
I'm a *huge* fan of these Prana Stretch pants for training. I bought them when I assisted at my first SFG and I never stopped wearing them. Super movement friendly (I can do everything in these), they look great, they're durable, and you can roll them up and snap them if you need to.

Prana Stretch Zion Pant at Zappos.com

Doing swings in them:

Mike Torres on Instagram: “Getting after it in between Easter egg hunts. Using the Halo Sport hyperplasticity period and the watchful eye of a Master Instructor to…”

My SFG instructor- Christian Baldia kindly brought me back 2 pairs of tactical pants from his overseas trip. I will be wearing one of them during today's 'Dry Fighting Weight' training. I can already feel the additional mental fortitude that wearing 'tactical' pants provides. Now....where did I put my balaclava? (refer to page 64 S&S for balaclava + tactical pants use)

Were these the conquer brand?

One pair (the dark grey) are the Conquer brand and the other pair (black) are Lagalag. Both are convertible to shorts. I had a seamstress add belt loops to the Conquer pair and remove the strange half-belt that came with them. The Conquer pants are a fantastic stretchy type material.

So which 5.11 pant is the Strongfirst approved uniform? I just tried a TGU in my jeans and I believe it added about 10% additional effort. I just looked at the 5.11 instructor pants and they advertise them as "too heavy to train in, but perfect for everything else".......I don't think I want those pants.
I have the 511 pants and do not like them at all for training. Very restrictive with no elastic component at all. I have Kuhl pants which work great for training, just stretchy enough but look professional at the same time . I believe they are what Zar is wearing in the picture on the front page of this website.

the 511 pants are great for everyday wear and teaching in but I have just not found them effective at all to train in

I also love XOSKIN compression shorts for training in, as a stand alone shorts when it's hot or as an underlayer when it's cold. Too many reason to go into hear but they are tough as nails and work fantastic

XOSKIN™ Technology

Last edited:
I'm a *huge* fan of these Prana Stretch pants for training. I bought them when I assisted at my first SFG and I never stopped wearing them. Super movement friendly (I can do everything in these), they look great, they're durable, and you can roll them up and snap them if you need to.

Prana Stretch Zion Pant at Zappos.com

Doing swings in them:

Mike Torres on Instagram: “Getting after it in between Easter egg hunts. Using the Halo Sport hyperplasticity period and the watchful eye of a Master Instructor to…”
The Prana Zion is my favourite go to pant for rock climbing, KB training , Tai-Chi, and pretty much anything else...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom