all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Best Pants for KB Training

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Some people have already touched on this topic but I think the use of pants for instructors has to do with keeping a professional image. It does stand out from the standard gym attire many instructors wear. It appears to be related to the type of culture Strongfirst is attempting to build and the kind of people they attract.

I started wearing long pants because doing get ups with shorts bothers the skin on my knees. It get some kind of eczema that is irritating and starts to bleed sometimes. I think it has to do with grinding my skin on the ground. I started using long pants and don't have the problem anymore. I use Carhartt pants. They are a cargo style pants with big pockets on them. They are really flexible and comfortable.

It appears to be related to the type of culture Strongfirst is attempting to build and the kind of people they attract
The first time I learned about Strongfirst was when I was trying to learn pistol squats. I ended up at a strange place where pistols with a 48 kg kb were demonstrated by guys wearing t-shirts and tactical pants, instead of the typical shredded shirtless guy.

Last edited:
The first time I learned about Strongfirst was when I was trying to learn pistol squats. I ended up at a strange place where pistols with a 48 kg kb were demonstrated by guys wearing t-shirts and tactical pants, instead of the typical shredded shirtless guy.

Remember too the original rules for the Secret Service snatch test and 10 min version were to be done in basically fatigue pants and boots :)

I don't know why I didn't think about this earlier, but I think I have the perfect pants for all of you who have problems with your knees while doing TGUs.
Somebody already mentioned soccer warm-up pants.
There are also soccer goalkeeper pants.
They are not too tight and not too lose, come with build in padding at the knees (+some versions also the hips), are very durable and come in long and short versions.

1.jpg

Training at home - I am in shorts (short inseam)
Teaching - Lululemon ABC pants

But I will be looking into the Kuhl pants etc....

Another Kuhl convert.

I had seen them for awhile in our Base Exchange but figured they were for people younger and "kuhler (sorry!!)" than I. After reading this thread I went to the BX on Saturday and tried on a pair of Liberators and was blown away at how unrestricted my mobility is! I then tried on a pair of Revolvrs and..wow!! I bought the Revolvrs and trained in them Saturday and Sunday. We have a bad gnat problem on the Gulf Coast; they will chew you up!

I did a "mini Litvinov" workout Saturday, KB front squats into 40M sprints. NO problem at all with the squatting or sprinting. More squats yesterday; again no problems at all, to include while I was sweating rather liberally.

Found another pair of Revolvrs on eBay for $33. 'Nuff said!

I found 5.11 Tactical clothes at Cabela’s. The pants are nice for the price range. I bought a pair to try.

I have LA Police Gear Urban Ops Tactical Pants. They were $20 a pair when I bought them. I have to hike them up just a little to hinge but they're great for training. I love em.

Accidently left a pair at the gym once. My instructor found them and told one of the guys that worked there that it was only pair of pants he'd seen that could be worn both to a board meeting or when kicking the crap out of someone.

Don't know if anybody has mentioned these... good, cheap pants, BC Clothing convertible stretch pants at Costco.com, 19.99 with free shipping. They're sized a little weird.. M L XL XXL etc. refers to waist size, length is true to size in 2 inch increments. A bit long until after first wash shrinkage. My waist size is 32 and medium is still a little big but they come with a belt so no problem there.
They've become my go to all around trousers and are very comfortable for work, training or knocking around.

Bjj pants from Origin Maine. They are a blended cotton so they wont stick if you get sweaty. They do not trap odor and do not hold moisture. Also made in USA from the cotton to the material to the loom, if that matters to you.

Also
1)Patagonia GI pants come in a cotton/poly blend. Pavel wears them in Enter the Kettlebell.

But if you want pockets and the look of normal pants,
2)Patagonia duck pants (NOT the slim ones) and Patagonia hemp work pants essentially feel like soft cotton, that have double thick knee durability for get ups. Not restricting except but a little when i sweat.

Last edited:
Piers Kwan was raving about prana the entire weekend last week.. Got me curious

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom